2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
its because of historically racist electoral laws

In 1963, state representative Denmark Groover from Macon introduced a proposal to apply majority-vote, runoff election rules to all local, state, and federal offices. A staunch segregationist, Groover’s hostility to black voting was reinforced by personal experience. Having served as a state representative in the early 1950s, Groover was defeated for election to the House in 1958. The Macon politico blamed his loss on “Negro bloc voting.” He carried the white vote, but his opponent triumphed by garnering black ballots by a five-to-one margin.

Groover soon devised a way to challenge growing black political strength. Elected to the House again in 1962, he led the fight to enact a majority vote, runoff rule for all county and state contests in both primary and general elections. Until 1963, plurality voting was widely used in Georgia county elections...

Wow.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So what does these midterms say about Trump? I legit think it's given Desantis an opportunity to challenge him for the party?

Or

The lines of a post Roe world has been drawn and Republicans don't have the reach they use too in non red states....

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't understand why run-offs are done in Georgia races to begin with. Maybe someone can educate me on this.
good ole byproduct of segregation to avoid black folks bloc voting back in the day (I think it was briefly repealed in the early aughts and the GOP brought it back when they seized the state legislature)