2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
for the record;

A. i dont have kids. you're right :dead: this isnt my fight. drag-on :salute:
B: i do not want mainstream democrats on this bullshyt. sorry, im not sorry. let the local gay mafia ride for this. we can revisit this conversation in december
He's a city mayor. This is local politics. :ahh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You're the one contorting shyt. You don't like drag. Cool. That's fine.

But the premise of the post from @the cac mamba is that drag story time is about GROOMING little kids. It's not.

You're now saying that drag story time is about sexualizing little kids. But we also know that's not true.

Do you have children? If so you'll understand they don't see the world as you do and someone in dress up has nothing to do with fukking.
A lot of these nikkas in here clearly don’t have kids. Which is alright, but just speaks to where they are coming from when they talk about this shyt.

In other news, happy Father’s Day to my fellow dads out there :salute:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Hypothetical question for yall...if Biden issued an executive order to put price controls on oil, do you think that would help or hurt him electorally? I assume the right would frame it as government overreach but would that matter to righties if their gas price came down significantly? Nixon did it, so there's a precedent and a Republican example to draw. I'm just curious how yall think the move would be received from left, center, and right both in media and on the everyday voter side.

Some scholarly coverage of the Nixon price control impact:

The imposition of price controls, and their popularity in 1971 likely laid the groundwork for the policies adopted during the oil crises and policymakers’ resistance to taxes. While firms and labor unions tended to oppose price (and wage) controls, they appeared to be popular among consumers (and even some academic economists).7 A Harris poll in early 1972 found that respondents, by a 53 to 23 margin, believed Nixon’s price controls were doing “more good than harm.”8 In fact, the description of the poll results point to concerns among respondents that Nixon was being too flexible on prices.

The time series of approval ratings for Nixon’s economic policies also points to the popularity of his price control policies. Table 1 shows a time series of a Harris poll asking: “Do you feel the economic policies of the Nixon administration are doing more good than harm or more harm than good?” Nixon’s approval rating jumped up right when price controls were adopted and hovered near 50%, while tending to hover around 30% prior to the controls.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Hypothetical question for yall...if Biden issued an executive order to put price controls on oil, do you think that would help or hurt him electorally? I assume the right would frame it as government overreach but would that matter to righties if their gas price came down significantly? Nixon did it, so there's a precedent and a Republican example to draw. I'm just curious how yall think the move would be received from left, center, and right both in media and on the everyday voter side.

Some scholarly coverage of the Nixon price control impact:
I honestly think it's too late because folks have already felt the effects of inflation. At least for 2022. The reason being that folks would have felt the brunt of high gas and price of good through the summer when they travel the most.

The premessaging campaign from conservatives is that price gouging will lead to fuel shortages. So anything even close to the fuel shortages of 2021 would probably reflect poorly.

Alternatively, he appears to be doing nothing and comfortable with just letting it ride out. Which in my opinion could have more lingering effects into 2024.

To answer your question, I think it would have a somewhat mixed review on the liberal spectrum with some folks applauding action taken against the fuel industry. Many folks just calling it performative since he's not making a strong push to green energy and another set just shrugging their shoulders.

The right is going to villianize anything even if it makes them hypocritices in the process.