2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

hjnm

All Star
Daps
:jbhmm: Honestly now days what is a moderate Republican and how if any way do they differ from your MAGA Republicans when it come down to what political policies they are for or against they all seem very locked step with each other?

Someone who supports the infrastructure bill, believes in climate change, supports labor etc.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
im not gonna post right wing content, but the bottom line is yes there is :scusthov:

i dont have a problem with florida banning this weirdo tranny shyt being taught to 5-8 year olds. the fact that im expected to, as a democrat, is a terrible look

You're not gonna post it, but you consume it regularly and it results in you spewing that bs here? Yea fukk you.

Discussing the existence of gay people isn't grooming. Gay people are born, as are trans people. I know there are radical idiots out there saying wild shyt to children...but to use a minority of bad actors to claim this is some full scale national movement to make children gay/trans is pure bigot shyt. And the end push is to outlaw gay marriage and criminalize gay shyt. Which is why they're starting with the attack on contraception and interracial marriage. These are legal dominos on the path to banning shyt. And I got zero time or interest discussing it with someone who should know better.

Culture wars are most effective during times of economic strife. You know, like right now. Which is why all this insane shyt gained zero traction after gay marriage was first made legal. The economy was fine. Now you got inflation fukking people up and activists leading the right on a truly disgusting and bigoted path.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone who supports the infrastructure bill, believes in climate change, supports labor etc.
So none than because I have not seen or heard any that support all that the only big name so call moderate Republican I can think of is mitt romney and even he consider to be wishy washy by other Republicans .
What Makes A Moderate Republican? It’s Complicated And No One Agrees.
Tracking Congress In The Age Of Trump
Some Republicans say the party is having an “identity struggle” right now. Wrapped up in that is defining who’s a moderate and who’s a conservative — and what those terms even mean.

For example, some voters call Sen. Mitt Romney, R-UT, a moderate or even a liberal Republican even though he voted with former President Donald Trump 75% of the time.

Congressional voting records aren’t the only thing Republicans take into account when placing party members on a political spectrum. Rhetoric, character and loyalty also play a role.

After being booed at the Utah GOP convention earlier this month, Romney told the crowd he was an old fashioned Republican.

That rings true to Riverton Republican Shelly Cluff. She said being a conservative is partially how you vote in Washington D.C., but also how you live your life.

“I try to be very responsible with our finances,” Cluff said. “I am being a careful steward of my resources and in Trump's life you don't see any of that: avoidance of waste or fiscal caution or fiscal restraint. You see excess everywhere.”

On the other hand, Romney, she said, isn’t flashy with his wealth like Trump is.

Cluff also said that while Romney has a conservative ideology, he acts like a moderate. She pointed to the fact that he’s willing to compromise with Democrats and doesn’t take part in culture wars as much.

But Larry Meyers — a Republican from Washington County — said he doesn’t define Romney as a moderate. He defines him as liberal-leaning member of the GOP.

Meyers said looking at vote averages doesn’t tell the whole story. Some votes, like impeachment, are far more important.

“If you look at his overall history, combined with his votes with the Democrats in the impeachment, combined with his opposition to the president's agenda as a leader of the Republican Party, I think it's fair to say that a lot of people think that he's just a Republican in name only,” Meyers said.

Some voters are incorrectly conflating partisanship for ideology, according to Weber State University political scientist Leah Murray.

That happens, she said, because political leaders use “conservative” and “liberal” as easy-to-understand terms to mobilize voters. It’s useful here because Romney’s political position is really complicated.

“They use another word to explain him in an effort to kind of explain his lack of falling into line with the Republican position of backing their president,” Murray said.

Right now, she said, the GOP is trying to decide what makes someone a good, conservative member of their party.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
So none than because I have not seen or heard any that support all that the only big name so call moderate Republican I can think of is mitt romney and even he consider to be wishy washy by other Republicans .

The guy he endorsed literally supports these things. 2008-present Romney isn't really a moderate (but he gets support from them), 1994-2007 kinda was. Scoring votes is weird because you can't give much context via numbers.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Yeah, Romney isn't really a moderate, he's pretty conservative especially on fiscal issues.

He only gets called a moderate because he doesn't dikkride Trump as much as the rest of the party.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
Yeah, Romney isn't really a moderate, he's pretty conservative especially on fiscal issues.

He only gets called a moderate because he doesn't dikkride Trump as much as the rest of the party.

If you look at Romney's 2012 platform it's not dissimilar from Trump 2016.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
the economy, national security and crime are three areas republicans can do no wrong in, even when bad shyt happens on their watch. it's like unconditional love and shyt. blow up the economy in 2008, shyt we'll have the tea party up and running by summer '09.

The thing you have to realize about Republicans and their voters is, when it comes to their real motives they cap most of the time.

For example the Tea Party was never, ever actually about taxes or the economy. It was just white people who disliked having a black president, but couldn't say it directly, so they made up some BS.

Most people that claim to vote Republican for economic reasons really aren't.