2022 Is a BIG year for PlayStation

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
i always tell people the game doesn't start until chapter 3.

theres also a lot of tedious things about it, like the endless loading screens and the forced cutscenes everytime you deliver a package, then the speeding through menu's you have to do etc.

but when you're just on the road, doing your thing, it feels very peaceful and soothing.

Do you know/aware if all of that is in the director's PS5 version or not? I would assume the load times would be dramatically reduced.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Do you know/aware if all of that is in the director's PS5 version or not? I would assume the load times would be dramatically reduced.
Playing through the PS5 version right now. Every cut scene is skippable and there's virtually no loading.
The entire experience is streamlined. I normally don't fool with "definitive editions" but this one made a major difference in overall enjoyability IMO.
Plus I'm a sucker for Kojima games. My bias is well documented here. But for whatever it's worth, if you have the opportunity, the PS5 version does strip a lot of the mediocrity of those first hours and gets things going at a faster pace. Once you get the bike (which is very early on) the concerns of boring travel go out the window and you get to focus on strategy and gearing up for fights, which contrary to some of the impatient reviews, actually happens very often.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

There’s no more long load times inbetween certain zones but you still ahve to manually skip through them which is annoying. It’s still a huge step up from the vanilla version

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Is it a big year because people are gonna be able to actually buy it or are we celebrating more games we can't play