2022 Is a BIG year for PlayStation

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Well final fantasy origin is the team ninja game next year. I think they said their next game will be a sony exclusive

Forspoken might be delayed till fall. Although it was already internally delayed from January. I don’t think they would be doing pre-orders and heavy promo if it were gonna be delayed again but we saw it happen with deathloop so who knows.

Ghostwire is spring, it was supposed to drop in october, i could see it getting a full year delay until oct 2022

I almost expect every major game to get one major delay at least outside of an internal delay. I dont think a game came out this year that didnt get a big delay
Definitely. Yeah maybe not forspoken. Wonder what naughty dog is up to? What about the developers of that motorcycle zombie game (can't think of the name)? And then you have kojima (not a fan of the last game he released).

I'm very interested to see what happens with the major 3rd party developers...and I'm really intrigued at the prospect of konami getting back in the game. They probably won't be in a major way, but with the way sony keep hinting at silent Hill, perhaps they will allow Sony to handle some IPs?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of 2022’s will become 2023’s.:francis:

All the currently announced games for the first half of 2022 are games delayed from this year so I’m pretty sure those are all safe. Ragnarok is the only question mark and whatever they announce from this point on. I don’t see GoW missing another year though. I think they are gonna wait for the next gameplay/showcase to give the date

Final Fantasy 16 is the other question mark

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Definitely. Yeah maybe not forspoken. Wonder what naughty dog is up to? What about the developers of that motorcycle zombie game (can't think of the name)? And then you have kojima (not a fan of the last game he released).

I'm very interested to see what happens with the major 3rd party developers...and I'm really intrigued at the prospect of konami getting back in the game. They probably won't be in a major way, but with the way sony keep hinting at silent Hill, perhaps they will allow Sony to handle some IPs?

Naughty Dog is working on the Uncharted port. They’re also working on the multiplayer game that will most likely launch around the time the show comes out late next year.

The Last of Us Factions is still in development, Naughty Dog confirms

Bend Studio just started production on their new game earlier this year. It’s an entirely new IP, there were rumors it was a Men in Black game but who knows.

Bend Studio is working on a new IP that ‘builds on Days Gone’s open-world systems’ | VGC

Norman Reedus said Kojima was negotiating a deal with Sony for Death Stranding 2. They also said he’s in a talking phase with Microsoft for a Cloud Based game. doubt another year goes by where he doesn’t reveal his next game.

Death Stranding 2, Norman Reedus Rumors Sparked By Kojima Photo Tease

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
CAP

Y’all peaked at Spiderman :lolbron:

26a001d22689bb0c33572ec493f947468dc920d8.gifv

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Naughty Dog is working on the Uncharted port. They’re also working on the multiplayer game that will most likely launch around the time the show comes out late next year.

The Last of Us Factions is still in development, Naughty Dog confirms

Bend Studio just started production on their new game earlier this year. It’s an entirely new IP, there were rumors it was a Men in Black game but who knows.

Bend Studio is working on a new IP that ‘builds on Days Gone’s open-world systems’ | VGC

Norman Reedus said Kojima was negotiating a deal with Sony for Death Stranding 2. They also said he’s in a talking phase with Microsoft for a Cloud Based game. doubt another year goes by where he doesn’t reveal his next game.

Death Stranding 2, Norman Reedus Rumors Sparked By Kojima Photo Tease
Another death stranding? :beli:. I wonder why Sony abandoned the days gone IP?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Another death stranding? :beli:. I wonder why Sony abandoned the days gone IP?

Probably because its redundant with The Last of US becoming the big sony cross-media franchise. The Last of Us hadn’t blown up yet when the original Days Gone was pitched, it’s probably too hard to market another zombie game, especially one that didn’t do well critically.

Also, maybe the pitch for it just wasn’t interesting, the head writer and creative director left after the first game.

The same thing will probably happen at microsoft with wasteland and fallout co-existing, one is gonna have to fall back

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I copied Gizmo's post to add on my thoughts. I'm not going to troll here. I'm going to be serious as it relates to me and my tastes. I just feel I should preface that. :russ:

• Fulll on Discord integration into the UI. Will be the new way to chat, and socialize in and outside of games - A good thing. I rarely use it but I understand the power and reach.
  • Finally will be getting VRR support - A good thing, I wonder will some released games get this patched in. Locking this to waiting on Sony TVs to have it wouldn't have been something that I would have done though.
  • A lot of other fan requested features, prob folders, themes and all that stuff added - I've never bothered to navigate the consoles for these since the PS3/360 era. I mess around for a minute then play. I will put up themes from time to time though.

Hardware:

• PSVR2 should be showcased soon and launched sometime next year. It will have dualsense built into both the controllers and head set. It will also feature an oled screen and feature a wider lens and eye tracking software. There will also be more of a duality with 1st party software so they can be played in two modes. - I expect the PSVR2 to be technically superior to the Oculus Quest 2 but honestly, I don't know about it's viability. I read that the Quest 2 has sold 3 times as much as the PSVR1 did. I got my fulfillment and money's worth from it. Astrobot, dope, Wipeout, piff. Superhot, flames. There isn't an Asgard's Wrath or by connecting to Steam VR, a Half-Life Alyx though. Polyphony can't be the biggest 1st party developer to have a game on the platform. It has to have Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Insomniac & Santa Monica on it. If not, it's a failure. Lastly, it needs to be wireless. They need to find a way to make it wireless. That stands above everything else that this will do better than the Quest 2.

Services:

• The launch of ‘Spartacus’ which will combine PSNow and PS Plus, that will include tiers. It will also provide additional legacy content with more details to come. - I don't use this so this isn't for me.
  • Sony also seem to be using the same strategy with its anime services Crunchy Roll and Funimation which will soon be rolled into one larger service.- I don't use this so this isn't for me.
  • Sony also have a video streaming service which has launched in a number of regions specifically for the playstation called Playstation Plus Video pass. - I don't use this so this isn't for me.
Sony pictures:

• Two adaptations are set to release, The Uncharted movie in February, and The Last of Us HBO series in the 2nd half of the year - Not the biggest movie/television watcher so I doubt I'd catch these.
Gaming expansion:

• Sony is further pushing into the mobile gaming space with it’s new mobile gaming division, lead by Nicola Sebastiani former head of Apple’s gaming division. They will be pushing even more of their big IP into the portable gaming space - Curious to see how this turns out. I don't do freemium though. One charge, remove ads. Why i don't do Mario Kart on mobile.
  • Playstation PC officially branded as such last month with the announcement of God of War’s port. You can expect even more ports and maybe even a storefront on PC in 2022. - Great business move.
  • More sony first party games will be applicable in both tv and VR. Sony is covering every frontier - Eh on TV, which one's on VR. Again, that is paramount.
Playstation Studios:

• Sony will continue releasing its upcoming slate of blockbuster games such as God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, MLB the Show 23’ and more yet unannounced titles - I will get all of the titles mentioned by name here.
  • Sony will continue its collaboration of 3rd party deals which now feature games like Sifu, Stray, Little Devil Inside, Forspoken, Babylons Fall, Ghost Wire Tokyo, Final Fantasy, and many more. - Here for Final Fantasy, I need to see more of Forspoken.
2022+

Sony has acquired 6 new internal development studios in 2021. They have also turned Team Asobi into its own full fledged studio, and opened two new eastern support studios, Playstation Malaysia, and XDev Japan - Good to see them grow.

Right now, the only games announced beyond the first half of 2022 are God of War Ragnarok by Santa Monica Studios, Wolverine and Spider-Man 2 by Insomniac, and a remake of Knights of The Old Republic by Aspyr and Sony Xdev. There are over 13 Sony studios currently without any officially announced games so expect a least two major showcases to announce it’s new VR hardware and lineup and its slate of games for late 2022 and beyond.

God of War: Day one, I will say that I'm worried about this. I understand developer fatigue and making the trilogy a duology but there is still a lot of Norse stuff to get done. A lot of it will hit the cutting room floor to do this game. My concern is that everything will feel like it's crammed together and not enough time to breathe and develop organically.
Wolverine: Day one, Not really a comic fan, disclaimer, I've never watched the movies, only passively cared about X-Men as a kid through comics. I'll get it because of Insomniac's pedigree.
Spider-Man 2: Day One, ditto Wolverine's answer.
KOTOR: I don't know what to make of this. I'm glad to see this game get out of purgatory but I don't know what to make of Aspyr given their prior history and if it is a straight remake, I'm out on it. Now, if the perspective changes like in a third person way, I'll give it a look. HK-47 talking shyt isn't going to get me to play the whole thing over again, I don't give a damn how funny he is.

My $0.02

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Interesting stuff

I hate that sony flat out doesn't even make games that I actually want to play anymore

the shyt they put out exclusively I wouldn't play on any system :francis:

they need to stop trying to fukk minors and go back to they japanese roots

where the fukk is games like ridge racer? or motorstorm?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hardware:

• PSVR2 should be showcased soon and launched sometime next year. It will have dualsense built into both the controllers and head set. It will also feature an oled screen and feature a wider lens and eye tracking software. There will also be more of a duality with 1st party software so they can be played in two modes. - I expect the PSVR2 to be technically superior to the Oculus Quest 2 but honestly, I don't know about it's viability. I read that the Quest 2 has sold 3 times as much as the PSVR1 did. I got my fulfillment and money's worth from it. Astrobot, dope, Wipeout, piff. Superhot, flames. There isn't an Asgard's Wrath or by connecting to Steam VR, a Half-Life Alyx though. Polyphony can't be the biggest 1st party developer to have a game on the platform. It has to have Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Insomniac & Santa Monica on it. If not, it's a failure. Lastly, it needs to be wireless. They need to find a way to make it wireless. That stands above everything else that this will do better than the Quest 2.

I just want to respond to this point. Sony is going for more of hybrid approach with VR which i think is the right move. Having teams dedicate entire games to a “vr experience” isn’t gonna work long term. They need games that can be blend both vr and on tv gaming together. Obviously stuff like Astro and Gran Turismo are easy, but I’m interested in seeing how they invest in and grow the market. The Persistence was another game that could be played in either mode. Here’s the article where they talk about the hybrid approach…

PSVR 2 is aiming for ‘hybrid’ experiences like ‘Resident Evil 7’

It won’t be wireless though. I don’t think you will be getting a high end VR experience without a cable anytime soon.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Interesting stuff

I hate that sony flat out doesn't even make games that I actually want to play anymore

That’s interesting. I’m not even hating or trying to cape, honestly…no stan shyt, but I feel less and less enthusiastic about non-sony games more and more everyday. I love indies, i like square enix, capcom, and Miyazaki games and outside of that I have very little interest. A lot of 3rd party triple A games barely get my attention anymore.

I feel like a lot of these publishers just aren’t putting that much thought or care into their games anymore. You got Ubisoft going full on service NFT, other publishers going Gacha, others full on F2P…I’m not into any of that shyt

Give me a complete, good game. thats all i ask

Mg1PLuw.gif

Last edited:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Interesting stuff

they need to stop trying to fukk minors and go back to they japanese roots

where the fukk is games like ridge racer? or motorstorm?

Eh, I loved Uncharted but wasn't a big fan of 4. Loved The Last of Us but wasn't feeling TLOU2 I liked Spiderman but never finished it, Idon'tknow why, it felt way too repetitive. God of War is probably one of my favorite game series of all time but I really couldn't finish this last GOW after about 10 hours I moved on to something else. Never finished Horizon but put mad hours into it, same with Ghosts of Tsushima. Same with Days Gone, just got bored eventually and quit playing. However I did like the David Cage trilogy and Detroit was one of my favorite games last Gen. I'm always down for Ratchet and Clank too. I think what it is is that I just got burned out from that open world formula.