2022 Is a BIG year for PlayStation

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Firmware:

• Fulll on Discord integration into the UI. Will be the new way to chat, and socialize in and outside of games.
  • Finally will be getting VRR support
  • A lot of other fan requested features, prob folders, themes and all that stuff added

Hardware:

• PSVR2 should be showcased soon and launched sometime next year. It will have dualsense built into both the controllers and head set. It will also feature an oled screen and feature a wider lens and eye tracking software. There will also be more of a duality with 1st party software so they can be played in two modes

Services:

• The launch of ‘Spartacus’ which will combine PSNow and PS Plus, that will include tiers. It will also provide additional legacy content with more details to come.
  • Sony also seem to be using the same strategy with its anime services Crunchy Roll and Funimation which will soon be rolled into one larger service.
  • Sony also have a video streaming service which has launched in a number of regions specifically for the playstation called Playstation Plus Video pass
Sony pictures:

• Two adaptations are set to release, The Uncharted movie in February, and The Last of Us HBO series in the 2nd half of the year
Gaming expansion:

• Sony is further pushing into the mobile gaming space with it’s new mobile gaming division, lead by Nicola Sebastiani former head of Apple’s gaming division. They will be pushing even more of their big IP into the portable gaming space
  • Playstation PC officially branded as such last month with the announcement of God of War’s port. You can expect even more ports and maybe even a storefront on PC in 2022.
  • More sony first party games will be applicable in both tv and VR. Sony is covering every frontier
Playstation Studios:

• Sony will continue releasing its upcoming slate of blockbuster games such as God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, MLB the Show 23’ and more yet unannounced titles
  • Sony will continue its collaboration of 3rd party deals which now feature games like Sifu, Stray, Little Devil Inside, Forspoken, Babylons Fall, Ghost Wire Tokyo, Final Fantasy, and many more.
2022+

Sony has acquired 6 new internal development studios in 2021. They have also turned Team Asobi into its own full fledged studio, and opened two new eastern support studios, Playstation Malaysia, and XDev Japan.

Right now, the only games announced beyond the first half of 2022 are God of War Ragnarok by Santa Monica Studios, Wolverine and Spider-Man 2 by Insomniac, and a remake of Knights of The Old Republic by Aspyr and Sony Xdev. There are over 13 Sony studios currently without any officially announced games so expect a least two major showcases to announce it’s new VR hardware and lineup and its slate of games for late 2022 and beyond.

Disclaimer: I’m just reporting the news

RaR4.gif

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I'm definitely coping that VR, probably day one too.

Ultimately I'm waiting for a PS5 Pro.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Can you wait for another two years for PS5 Pro?. PS5 Slim will drop before Pro.

I honestly don’t see a hardware revision until the end of 2023 at the very earliest, and yeah it will be a slim version not a pro. The chip shortages will prolong how long the originals stay in stock, which isn’t gonna be over by next year.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Will be very interesting to see what 3rd and 4th quarter will look like for Sony. Feel like there are some big releases coming thst we don't know about yet.

Yeah, we have to assume before horizon, ghostwire, ragnarok, gt7, etc. got delayed sony had a whole other lineup of 2022 games. I’m sure some of those will be delayed into 2023 but theres some that will stick in 2022 also, kind of like Rift Apart and Returnal did in 2021

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Yeah, we have to assume before horizon, ghostwire, ragnarok, gt7, etc. got delayed sony had a whole other lineup of 2022 games. I’m sure some of those will be delayed into 2023 but theres some that will stick in 2022 also, kind of like Rift Apart and Returnal did in 2021
I'm guessing ghostwire gets delayed and perhaps forspoken. I really wish team ninja was the mix bc I would love more exclusives on the level of nioh

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm guessing ghostwire gets delayed and perhaps forspoken. I really wish team ninja was the mix bc I would love more exclusives on the level of nioh

Well final fantasy origin is the team ninja game next year. I think they said their next game will be a sony exclusive

Forspoken might be delayed till fall. Although it was already internally delayed from January. I don’t think they would be doing pre-orders and heavy promo if it were gonna be delayed again but we saw it happen with deathloop so who knows.

Ghostwire is spring, it was supposed to drop in october, i could see it getting a full year delay until oct 2022

I almost expect every major game to get one major delay at least outside of an internal delay. I dont think a game came out this year that didnt get a big delay