2020 Random NFL Thoughts Thread

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They’ll have their first and second in 2022, but I don’t believe that he wants to go through another year like they had this year. Plus they are way over the cap even before you account for the projected drop in cap space.

I think this is what it all boils down to.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well yeah obviously, but as we and the Browns have showed you, rebuilding a franchise with no QB vs rebuilding with a QB is night and day. One could take 20 years. The other can take 2. Texans should make him play out his contract.

The browns brought in help for Baker and drafted the correct way. Steven game plan is to take the load of Baker and the ravens cater to Lamar. The ravens play to Lamars strengths.

With the texans it’s literally Deshaun “make something happen” lol

he will probably play it out though

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The browns brought in help for Baker and drafted the correct way. Steven game plan is to take the load of Baker and the ravens cater to Lamar. Y’all play to Lamars strengths.

With the texans it’s literally Deshaun “make something happen” lol

he will probably play it out though

I'm a Jags fan. :mjlol:

I'm giving you perspective that I'm not sure you are aware of. If you have a QB, HOLD ON TO HIM FOR DEAR LIFE :damn:

Some of us have never had a QB :damn:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That sounds unrealistic as hell, ain't nobody giving up that kind of draft capital.

I can't even think of a team that is a Deshaun Watson away from winning the super bowl

Ehhh it’s not that farfetched to believe when you consider what they gave up to get Tunsil. Of course you’d have to a team dumb enough to give up as many assets as they did in a deal like that.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They would do good to get a first and a later round pick like say a third.

Nobody is giving up 3 first, not even for him.

I’d give up two first and a second or third if it solved my QB situation for the next ten years. I guess it comes down to how high teams view Watson and if they can win a SuperBowl with him.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Ehhh it’s not that farfetched to believe when you consider what they gave up to get Tunsil. Of course you’d have to a team dumb enough to give up as many assets as they did in a deal like that.

Well that's because they had a head coach masquerading as a GM because their real GM retired due to family emergency.

I don't think other franchises have that situation...maybe the Raiders but they already have done their stupid move and seemed to have learned their lesson (trading Khalil Mack)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Well that's because they had a head coach masquerading as a GM because their real GM retired due to family emergency.

I don't think other franchises have that situation...maybe the Raiders but they already have done their stupid move and seemed to have learned their lesson (trading Khalil Mack)

All it takes really one team to enamored by him and skill set to mortgage up the farm for him. Especially if they are one piece or QB away from being a contender. With as hard as it is to find even a decent QB, I could see a team giving up at least 2 first rounders and a 2nd/3rd to get him.

We literally just saw Seattle give up those same assets for Jamal Adams, a non-QB player.