F K

All Star
Daps
Joe Biden: Let's Forgive Student Loans - Forbes

Joe Biden wants to forgive your student loans.

Here’s what you need to know.

Student Loans

Former Vice President Joe Biden introduced a new student loan forgiveness plan Thursday. Here are the details of Biden’s new plan for your student loans:

• Student Loan Forgiveness: Forgive all undergraduate tuition-related federal student debt from two- and four-year public colleges and universities for borrowers who earn less than $125,000 per year.
    • Government Pays: The federal government would make your monthly federal student loan payments until your student loan debt is paid off.
    • HBCUs/MSIs: The student loan forgiveness also would apply to borrowers with federal student loans for tuition from private Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Minority-Serving Institutions (MSIs)
How would Biden pay for his new student loan forgiveness plan? He says he would repeal the high-income “excess business losses” tax cut included in the CARES Act.

This new plan builds upon Biden’s $750 billion student loan plan, which centers on income-driven repayment and student loan forgiveness for federal student loans only. Biden’s plan includes, among other points, the following:

• Cancel at least $10,000 of student loan debt per person.
    • If you earn less than $25,000 per year: You would make no monthly federal student loan payments and no interest would accrue on your federal student loans.
    • If you earn more than $25,000 per year: you would pay no more than 5% of your discretionary income toward federal student loan payments.
    • After 20 years, your federal student loans will be forgiven and you won’t owe any income taxes on the amount of student loan forgiveness.
    • For borrowers in public service loan forgiveness, you can receive $10,000 per year of federal student loan forgiveness for up to five years.
The CARES Act - the $2 trillion financial stimulus legislation signed into law by President Donald Trump - has several benefits for federal student loan borrowers only. As you may have read in the latest headlines about your student loans and Coronavirus, the CARES Act includes, among other benefits:

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) are among a dozen U.S. senators who have called upon private lenders to suspend all student loan payments now due to Coronavirus. This week, New York announced additional financial relief for borrowers with private student loans. Biden’s call for student loan forgiveness has been echoed by some in Congress. House Democrats previously proposed that every borrower receive $30,000 of student loan forgiveness. Senate Democrats unveiled a student loan forgiveness plan that would forgive at least $10,000 of federal student loans for all borrowers. Biden supports $10,000 of student loan forgiveness. Warren has proposed to cancel student loan debt for 95% of Americans, while Sanders has proposed forgiving all $1.6 trillion of student loan debt, including both federal and private student loans.
damn :francis: I should have gone to a more expensive school. oh well :yeshrug:
I hope that people who haven't gone will get to get their debts wiped in the future. Most college kids are middle -upper-middle and I'd hate to see the poor kids miss out.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
he'll do whatever he has to to win this time

my concern with tammy is how being a lesbian would impact her with the closeted and not so closeted bigots in the country

but as mentioned all that really matters is the swing states so i think she could be able to win over those states

and i wouldnt count out warren as an option as well on your list

edit: your talking about duckworth not baldwin

Idk man she's already won two statewide elections in WI, so I'm not sure it would hurt her in other battleground states. Demographically WI is trending away from us while the rest are either trending toward us (AZ & NC) or already lean in our favor (MI & PA).

None of this is an endorsement mind you, I vehemently oppose Senators from red, or red trending, states to be on the ticket or apart of the next administration.

That notwithstanding, watching a lesbian shred Pence would be hilarious.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Seems like you are looking for something not explicitly there. Aren't progressive upset about the stimulus to? Until he posts something pro Trump I don't think it is confirmed. Plus it is mostly a joke account. It's not that serious.
His “joke account” is at the expense of liberals almost every other post tho:mjlol:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he'll do whatever he has to to win this time

my concern with tammy is how being a lesbian would impact her with the closeted and not so closeted bigots in the country

but as mentioned all that really matters is the swing states so i think she could be able to win over those states

and i wouldnt count out warren as an option as well on your list

edit: your talking about duckworth not baldwin
tim ryan

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Fam. EVEN Noam Chomsky is calling out the Bernie or Bust types.

:wow:

"And I always tell my staff, “Better is good.” I’ll take better every time, because better is hard. Better may not be as good as the best, but better is surprisingly hard to obtain. And better is actually harder than worse." - Obama :obama:

@wire28 @Th3G3ntleman @ezrathegreat @Jello Biafra @humble forever @Dameon Farrow @Piff Perkins @Pressure @johnedwarduado @Armchair Militant @panopticon @Tres Leches @ADevilYouKhow @dtownreppin214