intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad

So they're using the Medical Director to get around the judge's order and postponing the election until June. Considering the ruling, that's fine because it read like the judge didn't want to do it on his own but didn't have an issue with them using their authority to do so (DeWine incompetently waiting until the day before the election to do it played a role).

I'm glad I already voted in Ohio.:whew:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You don't put democracy on hold.
These are unusual times my friend.

I wouldn't want someone catching something while voting and spreading that shyt around to 100 different people.

:hubie:

Do delayed mail in votes, but keep that fukking virus under control.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Don't know why he boxed himself by picking a woman. :what:There are not too many good female options. Bernie as VP would get all the Bernie Bros in line and kick Trump's ass in November.
how does two 80 year olds make sense? :what: and pelosi is 79, grassley is 86 or some shyt...biden can't pick an old ass VP. there are ways to bridge to the progressives, including working with bernie to identify someone (won't happen tho), that doesn't include putting someone older in poorer health than you as second in line

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
These are unusual times my friend.

I wouldn't want someone catching something while voting and spreading that shyt around to 100 different people.

:hubie:

Do delayed mail in votes, but keep that fukking virus under control.
Delaying the vote doesn't guarantee better conditions.

Pushing back the general election isn't an option.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
People in here really cosigning suspending voting?
Yeah let’s spread around a pandemic virus in the name of democracy! No, just allow people to mail in their votes. Why is it controversial to say we shouldn’t have in person voting during a pandemic?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This country should have been had a secure online way to vote, but they dont really want voting to be that easy.
i definitely don't understand how you can do taxes, DMV shyt, SSI and other benefits online - all encrypted and connected to your SSN and other verifiable details, yet we can't vote online. where are those very fine google engineers!?

F K

All Star
Daps
i definitely don't understand how you can do taxes, DMV shyt, SSI and other benefits online - all encrypted and connected to your SSN and other verifiable details, yet we can't vote online. where are those very fine google engineers!?
the incentives / payoff for hacking dmv , ssi and all that other stuff is not even close to the incentives to sway an election. There is no way to truly secure online stuff.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yeah let’s spread around a pandemic virus in the name of democracy! No, just allow people to mail in their votes. Why is it controversial to say we shouldn’t have in person voting during a pandemic?
Because it gives you the grounds to never declare this emergency over and not hold elections indefinitely.

Sorry, elected officials shouldn't have the right to unilaterally declare that there's an emergency going on to keep people from voting.