AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
We will continue being the laughing stock of the world whether it’s Biden or trump . :smh:

Bernie could have zinged Biden so good and easily last night regarding M4A and the virus. Biden going on and on about how we need to do something immediately and saying screenings and this and that are now free. He should have interrupted and just said that would be free and assumed and you wouldn't have to announce it now and give people other information pertaining to the virus if we currently had M4A.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
M4A does not fix healthcare infrastructure :mindblown:

if anything, we might be worse with the amount of system flooding that would happen with free coverage

you wanna argue cost parity of M4A, fine, but stop acting like that shyt would magically create more doctors, nurses, hospitals, beds - not just beds but ICU beds, and tests :camby:

imagine not having private insurance under the incompetency of this current administration, we'd be in even more trouble than we are now. none of the shyt we need would be approved by POTUS "i and i alone can stop it" & his senate

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The current system doesn't work either so we need to do something.

I pay almost $500 a month for my insurance (kaiser Permanente) and they only allow me to go to their hospitals unless I wanna take on large amounts of debt.

The kaiser near me is not even seeing coronavirus patients so what the fukk? How is this any better than what M4all would be?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

if anything, we might be worse with the amount of system flooding that would happen with free coverage

you wanna argue cost parity of M4A, fine, but stop acting like that shyt would magically create more doctors, nurses, hospitals, beds - not just beds but ICU beds, and tests :camby:

imagine not having private insurance under the incompetency of this current administration, we'd be in even more trouble than we are now. none of the shyt we need would be approved by POTUS "i and i alone can stop it" & his senate
But instead of talking about what is now 'free' he could talk about those other things you mentioned and what contigency plans are in place or will be instead of wasting time and breathe on what is now free because it would already be free.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The current system doesn't work either so we need to do something.

I pay almost $500 a month for my insurance (kaiser Permanente) and they only allow me to go to their hospitals unless I wanna take on large amounts of debt.

The kaiser near me is not even seeing coronavirus patients so what the fukk? How is this any better than what M4all would be?
thems the breaks with HMO's, especially kaiser

and i'm not sure how any of this relates to the fact that we don't have capacity or the supplies (or plan) we need - those are not access/cost problems, they are fundamental flaws in our health infrastructure. every country will deal with a capacity/resource problem if they don't flatten the infection curve

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
But instead of talking about what is now 'free' he could talk about those other things you mentioned and what contigency plans are in place or will be instead of wasting time and breathe on what is now free because it would already be free.
what good is free entry to a closed business?

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
M4A does not fix healthcare infrastructure :mindblown: does the infrastructure argument suddenly not apply when you move the goal posts and pivot to supporting private insurance? Lmao

you're arguing 2 different things here.

Private insurance has Jack all to due with infrastructure as well. So I your first half you argue that M4A wouldn't help the infrastructure. Then in the second half you say imagine not having it with the current administration :mindblown: what about the people who don't have insurance AT ALL? What about the ones who are severly under insured? The ones who took the bre minimum plan with low monthly payments and sky high deductibles?

We currently have Medicaid(M4A for the poor) and Medicare(M4A for the elderly) :camby: and there's been no collapse of either program

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
you're arguing 2 different things here.

Private insurance has Jack all to due with infrastructure as well. So I your first half you argue that M4A wouldn't help the infrastructure. Then in the second half you say imagine not having it with the current administration :mindblown: what about the people who don't have insurance AT ALL? What about the ones who are severly under insured? The ones who took the bre minimum plan with low monthly payments and sky high deductibles?

We currently have Medicaid(M4A for the poor) and Medicare(M4A for the elderly) :camby: and there's been no collapse of either program
i'm not arguing two different things, my point has been that M4A doesn't fix infrastructure nor plan readiness.

the point about trump being in charge of healthcare would be that absolutely none of the precautions or testing that needs to take place would happen as his administration has been in hide and deny. at least with a private system, some of this shyt is still happening, even at a low level. i would not want trump & co in charge of health care in these times

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The same good it is for Biden to talk about it at length during his response speech and the debate. He's the one going on and on about it. If it's 'closed' like you say what is he even talking about?
well his response was about putting a better plan in place than the administration has...that alone would make things more functional. but i've said in multiple threads, the stress the system is under with an impending pandemic doesn't get fixed with or without universal health care.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
thems the breaks with HMO's, especially kaiser

and i'm not sure how any of this relates to the fact that we don't have capacity or the supplies (or plan) we need - those are not access/cost problems, they are fundamental flaws in our health infrastructure. every country will deal with a capacity/resource problem if they don't flatten the infection curve
I'm not arguing that M4all would solve all problems. My point is that the current system isnt working either so this situation isn't proof that M4all would be bad.

I've seen alot of people using Italy as an example of how things would be with M4all, but we are doing just as bad with private insurances.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm not arguing that M4all would solve all problems. My point is that the current system isnt working either so this situation isn't proof that M4all would be bad.

I've seen alot of people using Italy as an example of how things would be with M4all, but we are doing just as bad with private insurances.
i feel like i'm posting this in a million threads - this situation doesnt make a case for or against M4A - the only reason i'm arguing it down is that people keeping propping it up like "see, we told you" when countries with universal health care are all about to have a fukking problem if they get infection rates like iran, italy, spain (is coming). let this shyt get wild in canada and watch how their already slow health care system crumbles.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bernie could have zinged Biden so good and easily last night regarding M4A and the virus. Biden going on and on about how we need to do something immediately and saying screenings and this and that are now free. He should have interrupted and just said that would be free and assumed and you wouldn't have to announce it now and give people other information pertaining to the virus if we currently had M4A.

That would be a stupid point. M4A doesn't cover this crisis. Look at all of the countries that have it. There still needs to be a plan to tackle the problem. Bernie fell down on that question by doing EXACTLY what you just articulated - trying to tie it back to M4A