AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
then he should be winning by a landslide.

And so the argument starts again.
Well no, you just heard a sometimes voter say he doesn't care about policy. People have been tricked into thinking this is some type of personality contest where who you want to have a beer with is who you should vote for. Policy isn't promoted well in the media or by most candidates.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People don't necessarily vote on policy.
So the argument that someone should be winning by a landslide because they have popular policies is weak.
But all you have to do is look at the exit polls this year to see that.
So he has the policies people want but they aren't voting for them. Why is that?
Can't be misinformation, cause Bernie has given the policies and it's clear people like the policies, so why aren't they voting for him?

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX

Good to know we finally have proof that anyone using Bernie Bro rhetoric is a troll parroting corporate Democrat talking points

Basically suggests that that % of negative or very negative tweets are pretty consistent regardless of which candidate you support.
The main difference is that Bernie supporters have way more tweet volume than any of the other candidates. For example, he nearly has more than Biden, Warren and Buttigieg combined.

So he has the policies people want but they aren't voting for them. Why is that?
Can't be misinformation, cause Bernie has given the policies and it's clear people like the policies, so why aren't they voting for him?

Because people don't vote on policy. I said that in my first post.

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
[QUOTE="Based Lord Zedd, post: 36843034, member:

Because people don't vote on policy. I said that in my first post.[/QUOTE]

You did.

So if they aren't trying to vote on policy how do you appeal to them?

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So why try to piggy back off it? Do your own thing.

If you are not about to compromise and believe the Democratic party is run by the establishment, start your own thing. Staying with a party like that is a horrible compromise in itself.
America's system is first past the post and skews importance to land over people. A third party is an absolute non starter unless you want to guarantee longterm minority rule.

America will always be a two party state until we embrace a parliamentary system. If I'm remembering your citizenship correctly then you more than most of us should understand why this is.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
America's system is first past the post and skews importance to land over people. A third party is an absolute non starter unless you want to guarantee longterm minority rule.

America will always be a two party state until we embrace a parliamentary system. If I'm remembering your citizenship correctly then you more than most of us should understand why this is.

I do. I simply puzzles me that you would compromise on the Democratic party because you know full well it's the only way to win the election, then choose not to compromise on other things to win the election.

That's all.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for everyone criticizing for "not voting on policy"

is your position that just because a candidate has a policy, it should be taken seriously and will happen if theyre elected :dahell:

if tulsi gabbard promised to put a down payment on a house for every american, are you "not voting on policy" if you dont vote for her?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The next obvious step is to find someone who resonates better with voters than Sanders / Warren did.
I’m gonna keep saying it, shake things up and try something new, run a progressive ticket out the gate in 2024. Find a way to bring in more factions of voters from the get go, more than can be gathered by one candidate alone, and jump out to a lead.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
84164126_191069235661103_4325882616625496064_n.jpg

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The only thing Democrats can agree on is how cynical and craven Pete is. And I just want to throw it out to the universe that under no circumstances will I ever vote for him. That is my line

Warren staffer

He and Bloomberg were the only two candidates I seriously considered not voting for in a general. Bloomberg for obvious reasons, but Buttigieg is a calculated clout demon. He has no vision for America. His whole life, from birth, was centered around getting in politics. I can't support a person who stands for nothing.