duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Yeah I’m thinking I’m gonna mostly stay out of this thread now mainly due to the negative stuff that gets posted which I admit to have contributed to in the past. I donated to Bernie and Warren both again this morning like I have been doing on almost a weekly basis. I support them both a good amount. And it’s only gonna get worse with this debate tonight, I think. Although I prefer Bernie slightly, my life will also be improved for the better with Warren in the White House. Too much negativity surrounding 2 candidates that I love who would bring around remarkable change, regardless of their respective missteps or whatever small failures they may have had in the past. I mean honestly, besides the billionaires and obvious centrists, Biden and Pete are the only guys I’m actively rooting against.

I’m simply Team Progressives from here on out :yeshrug:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg

:salute:

Need that Jayapal endorsement to make the cypher complete :blessed:

i read his article and every single thing he says is a positive about warren, i'm looking at it like "......but Bernie is even BETTER on that specific thing" :stopitslime:

:yeshrug:whatever.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

To be very overly broad (I am, I am aware, describing the beliefs and motives of a large and diverse set of individuals), “Clinton World” detests Bernie Sanders, is largely on board with Kamala Harris, but has no real problem with Elizabeth Warren, and would greet her nomination without much rancor.

“Obama World,” on the other hand, doesn’t share this perspective. They don’t take Sanders seriously, and think of him—even with some affection—as a harmless crank. They, however, strongly dislike Warren. I don’t want to say they would stop at nothing to prevent her from winning the nomination, but there are a lot of ancient tensions between the two camps that are far from settled.

If it is the growing consensus among many top Democrats in those two worlds that Joe Biden does not have it in him to win the nomination (or the general election), there are a couple obvious paths forward: Boost the prospects of the “mainstream” candidate most likely to win if Biden fades, or Option B, which we will get to in a minute.

In Clinton World, it seems obvious to continue to offer support to Kamala Harris, or hope for Amy Klobuchar to surge, or perhaps get on board with Warren. It would be smarter for anyone in the anybody-but-Sanders camp to throw in with Warren now, given the fact that the Harris and Klobuchar campaigns have entered a decaying orbit. But for many, those two senators still “make sense on paper,” so many seemingly smart people are still convinced something might come of them.

But what should Obama World do if they see Harris (or Cory Booker, or Julián Castro, both of whom are viewed with favor by this camp) struggling to gain traction? Many of this cohort seem to like Mayor Pete Buttigieg and would find his nomination acceptable. Nevertheless, they surely originally envisioned him as, perhaps, a future Senate candidate, or a running mate at best. It can’t be lost on them that the primary calendar after New Hampshire and Iowa becomes rough sledding for a candidate whose entire base of support is white. Still, they can’t support Warren; Sanders is an unserious option; Biden has perhaps lost it.

Cookie

Pro
Daps
Elizabeth Warren is getting close to doing irreparable damage to the fight for M4A. She's never been serious about healthcare in the first place and only adopted her position for M4A to attract left/progressive voters.

Now she's seen the writing on the wall that Sanders is getting a little bit of momentum again and taking back some of the people that went from him to her & she noticed that she's losing voters to Pete, so she equivocated.

Sad to say, but she's coming off as a typical politician the more I see her takj about healthcare.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Elizabeth Warren is getting close to doing irreparable damage to the fight for M4A. She's never been serious about healthcare in the first place and only adopted her position for M4A to attract left/progressive voters.

Now she's seen the writing on the wall that Sanders is getting a little bit of momentum again and taking back some of the people that went from him to her & she noticed that she's losing voters to Pete, so she equivocated.

Sad to say, but she's coming off as a typical politician the more I see her takj about healthcare.

Berniewood Hogan

Daps
Reppin
nWg
“Clinton World”

“Obama World,”

Now it's all starting to make sense. Obama borrowed Richard Branson's phone and made a few calls to get some money for Bootyguy. First gay president indeed. :obama:

And as usual, Clinton World is delusional and mad. :russ:

Berniewood Hogan

Daps
Reppin
nWg
RHdAj6k.png

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Like I said, Trump will lose the popular vote by more but still has an 80% chance of winning electorally. :francis:

Regardless of who wins the primary. Demographics are just in his favor at the moment.

Trump is more competitive in Wisconsin than he is in Michigan and Pennsylvania according to months and months of polling.

If Dems turn out like they did for Evers last year, then you can beat him by 30,000-40,000 votes. But its got to be all hands on deck. I'd look up what Ben Wikler is doing. It's really good work. GOP is also putting all hands on the ground right now.

It's why I think having the convention in Milwaukee is a GOOD THING despite the logistical issues.

Clinton campaign did absolutely very little aside from sending Bernie Sanders to Wisconsin and she lost by 23,000 votes. It's not just getting Madison, Milwaukee and other blue areas to vote ESP BLACK VOTERS but you gotta get vote in the rural areas... so instead of losing by 30%, you lose by 15-20%. They all count. That's what Obama's strategy was. Obama also basically camped out in the Midwest in 2008 and 2012.