Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think it’s interesting that people are expected to vote blue no matter what, as anyone is better than Trump...but people are also expected to back Biden specifically because he “has the best chance of beating Trump.”

If people are truly rallying around the Democratic candidate no matter what, then Bidens whole argument is irrelevant.

what Biden voters say they’re going to vote for him bc he has the best shot? :russ:

the only ppl saying that are progressive political pundits saying that’s why biden voters like him.

It’s the same thing conservative pundits do when they say warren and Bernie voters just want free stuff :rudy:

You have the intellectually capacity to not believe the conservatives pushing a certain agenda but not the extreme progressives :mindblown:

Lots of ppl ride with Biden bc they believe his policies are actually achievable. He’s actually been a position to make hard choices and bad choices. Owns up to it. And he’s been in the trenches for decades.

There’s no I’m a firm reagonomics supporter until I had a mid life crisis and became a progressive like warren. There’s no I’m not a democrat until I need to leverage their platform during elections like Bernie.

He’s literally the only leading candidate who’s been a democrat since the jump. Why do u think that doesn’t matter to ppl :wtf:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Bruh. Theres nothing wrong with warren. Thats the issue.

You're not gonna do this shyt OVERNIGHT.

Good god the "Left" is being dumb as hell about this.
Are we? I think Warren and you are being too smart/cute. You are getting to the governing/compromise with your opposition before it happens which is a bad negotiating tactic. We are currently in the primary of the Democratic nomination. In this space you need to be as full throated as possible about your goals. The ultimate goal is M4A and you as a candidate need to let the electorate and your opposition know you will fight for that shyt, the end. All the compromising and meeting in the middle comes later. But Warren is already putting the negotiations and ground you will have to give up governing on the table while running. That's dumb, you are letting your opposition and electorate know you will fold before you have to. Only reveal that when absolutely necessary. That's negotiating 101 and she seems unaware of it.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Are we? I think Warren and you are being too smart/cute. You are getting to the governing/compromise with your opposition before it happens which is a bad negotiating tactic. We are currently in the primary of the Democratic nomination. In this space you need to be as full throated as possible about your goals. The ultimate goal is M4A and you as a candidate need to let the electorate and your opposition know you will fight for that shyt, the end. All the compromising and meeting in the middle comes later. But Warren is already putting the negotiations and ground you will have to give up governing on the table while running. That's dumb, you are letting your opposition and electorate know you will fold before you have to. Only reveal that when absolutely necessary. That's negotiating 101 and she seems unaware of it.

ppl in here convinced themselves she was playing chess all for bargaining positions. There are pages saying she was being smart and embracing the idea you mentioned.

They’re now starting to realize their assumptions were wrong and she has no idea what she’s doing.

if a poll came out tomorrow stating most ppl just want to keep the aca and that’s it.
She’d have a plan for it on her website by Friday. :mjlol:

she’s all over the place and a joke :russ:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
So now Warren supporters are blaming the media for her dip in the polls just like they accuse Bernie supporters of. I see. :russ:

They weren’t saying anything when CNN was doing puff pieces on her.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
what Biden voters say they’re going to vote for him bc he has the best shot? :russ:

I didn't say this. I said that people are expected to back Biden because there's the perception that he has the best chance to beat Trump. I think this is silly when people are also expected to rally around the Democratic candidate no matter who it is.

He’s literally the only leading candidate who’s been a democrat since the jump. Why do u think that doesn’t matter to ppl :wtf:

Explain why it matters. Sounds like a throwaway talking point used to attack people. "YOU DIDNT USED TO BE A DEMOCRAT" :comeon:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I like David Dayen a lot, I think he's jumps past the more nuanced critiques from the left of Warren to grab the more base commentaries and use them as his examples. In general, I think his biggest whiff is thinking that if Warren had played "politics" on the issue instead of letting the "policy makers" handle the heavy lifting, she might have avoided this (and that's kinda why I wish he wouldn't brush past the head tax debate with the worst version of the argument).

The critiques coming from the left are that this strategy won't work. The Head Tax complaints were based on policy wonkery (Bruenig even gave Warren the out that her head tax can work in transition, just not long term). The complaints about turning M4A into first a fight for a public option and then a second fight for single payer seems like bad policy and bad strategy to me. Dayen kinda makes it sound like Warren went with policy over political strategy, but from a policy standpoint you're literally acknowledging that a transition to Single Payer is better while fighting for a Public Option first. That means there's a real debate to be had that Dayen and Stoller seem to talk right past.

On Stoller's part, I agree that Distrust is the major problem for Warren. But he pins it to the Hillary endorsement which is again, missing a broader view. Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigeig poisoned the well by doing a similar thing with supportive language of M4A but then focusing on Public Options as the go-between. Warren has a shorter transition, but it's hard to blame the lefties that are saying "I've seen this...next she'll criticize Bernie's plan and complete the pivot." The distrust is based on a number of red flags, not just one.

I also found Stoller's Rising interview a bit off putting. He really tried to say the left hasn't been critical of Obama. I'm not saying these dudes don't have points, but both seem to be offering the caricature version of the left to bolster their points which ain't really necessary. They have good points without that.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I didn't say this. I said that people are expected to back Biden because there's the perception that he has the best chance to beat Trump.

Explain why it matters.

Go u. I was just saying that's not why Biden backers back him during the primary. They actually like his agenda.

It matters because he the record of enacting policies over the decades that helped the true and tried base of the party.

Civil Rights - he literally came in after a city was in MARTIAL LAW because of race riots.
"In the black neighborhoods of East Wilmington residents were afraid. Guardsmen were prowling the streets with loaded weapons. Curfews were in effect. The news had a way of making these stories seem like a conversation between the races, but I knew blacks & whites weren’t talking to each other."

His first election we won in a GOP area to help ease tensions and broker relationships with the black community.

People remember that

His black supporters firmly opposed busing. and he got chastised by the National Media and still is. The people he helped understood why he did it. At the time helping a predominant black part of the city was insane, especially one that disagreed with them. This has led to predominately black cities taking control of their own education system and not having the government dictate which kids go to which schools. We control our schools, we control our school boards. That's why there's a separation in certain cities between the county school districts and the city school districts.

Voted YES on setting aside 10% of highway funds for minorities & women.
Vote to table, or kill, an amendment to repeal the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise [DBE] Program, which requires no less than 10% of highway construction projects funded by the federal government to be contracted to 'disadvantaged business enterprises'

Voted NO on ending special funding for minority & women-owned business.
This legislation would have abolished a program that helps businesses owned by women or minorities compete for federally funded transportation.

By far the biggest wealth increase into the black community has been via Federal Contracts/State contracts set aside for blacks. These contracts led to the growth of many of our largest companies before blacks were included, Coca Cola, Exxon, GM etc. He was a firm supporter that we were included. We don't have our Coca Cola yet, but atleast we got a shot.

Rated 100% by the NAACP, indicating a pro-affirmative-action stance. Affrimative Action has led to blacks being integrated into society within most fields in America. It

These are just tried and true examples of some of the stuff he's done for African Americans that have had a significant impact to our growth and our political positions in America.

This is why older black ppl ride with Biden, he has a track record. And this is why millennial black ppl look like spoiled brats. Taking advantage of the paths created for you, while criticizing the people who did it for you. Hypocrisy at its finest. :wow:

The reason Biden is polling high nationally is just like he has this track record for blacks, he has it with working whites as well. Bernie has this record as well, it comes down to which one you believe.

During the years Biden and Bernie were putting in real work, that now is the base of the black community.
Waren said reaganomics was transformationally beneficial for society. She backtracked those statements when she was selected as the first Native American Law professor at Harvard. :lolbron:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I also found Stoller's Rising interview a bit off putting. He really tried to say the left hasn't been critical of Obama. I'm not saying these dudes don't have points, but both seem to be offering the caricature version of the left to bolster their points which ain't really necessary. They have good points without that.

I'll just address this one point. The American left has not been critical of Obama. The left has. The American left is still trying to count votes on the ACA bill. The American left believes that all of Obama's drone strikes, deportations, yadda yadda yadda, happened because the Republicans held him over the ledge. Everything is always the republicans fault.