JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Sanders key surrogates in every battleground state sans NH are all black or Latino. This just isn’t true. Every candidate is making an effort aside from Pete and Tulsi.
So he's sending his minorities to go handle his light work? Why he can't come himself? :francis:

Edit:. I want to note that I said "that finds it important," and never made any declaration about whether they are doing it or not.

Last edited:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Biden has way more black ppl than anyone else.
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. He owns black ppl?

Or you saying he has more of the black vote right now than anyone else? I would chalk that up to name recognition more than anything. Remember Hillary had the black vote for a long time too before Obama made an impression

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
That hot sauce shyt was stupid because 1. She really does like that shyt. And 2. Hot sauce ain't some racial condiment. White people eat sauce just as much as anyone. She did some bullshyt during 2016 but I don't get how that one blew up so much.

I didn't fukk with this one either

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
So he's sending his minorities to go handle his light work? Why he can't come himself? :francis:

Edit:. I want to note that I said "that finds it important," and never made any declaration about whether they are doing it or not.
You’re playing a disingenuous game here. And it’s nonsense. I keep saying that people are coming to conclusion based on their own biases and then looking for facts to support them. When confronted you pull this sort of angle. You don’t need to be dishonest to support a candidate or try to slander another. Warren is good on her own merits but she might lose and if you further this sort of narrative you poison the well. You know how many times Bernie has been in South Carolina this cycle? What you’re saying is just dishonest.

And Biden clearly has more black support than anyone right now so pretending that he doesn’t see the need for black outreach is kind of nuts when damn near his whole staff is black people.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. He owns black ppl?

Or you saying he has more of the black vote right now than anyone else? I would chalk that up to name recognition more than anything. Remember Hillary had the black vote for a long time too before Obama made an impression

Got you. You downplay why black ppl like Biden to name recognition and not bc warren had no black agenda until a few months ago

that makes a lot of sense. Didn’t think about it like that :ehh:

Last edited:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You’re playing a disingenuous game here. And it’s nonsense. I keep saying that people are coming to conclusion based on their own biases and then looking for facts to support them. When confronted you pull this sort of angle. You don’t need to be dishonest to support a candidate or try to slander another. Warren is good on her own merits but she might lose and if you further this sort of narrative you poison the well. You know how many times Bernie has been in South Carolina this cycle? What you’re saying is just dishonest.

And Biden clearly has more black support than anyone right now so pretending that he doesn’t see the need for black outreach is kind of nuts when damn near his whole staff is black people.

Exactly. Dudes saying Biden has no black outreach but no other candidate is doing stuff like this

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Seems like a connections type of thing whatever your race but the point I was making is that a communications degree isn't some gargantuan task, Elitist

:troll:
Of course connections matter and for a person of color you typically get that going to elite schools. There’s been studies on that. I wasn’t even talking about a communications degree. I’m talking about advanced degrees, which are typically barriers to entry for a job like this. Stack up his qualifications next to any minority who comes on his show and it’s usually glaring.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Of course connections matter and for a person of color you typically get that going to elite schools. There’s been studies on that. I wasn’t even talking about a communications degree. I’m talking about advanced degrees, which are typically barriers to entry for a job like this. Stack up his qualifications next to any minority who comes on his show and it’s usually glaring.

What else is new. I don't like Todd's personality, politics, or as political commentator and I'm sure there are a lot of more qualified people of color who could do his job. I don't know why Todd is where he is(I can assume white privilege and connections of course) , apparently he went GWU, I'm sure he's not a completely braindead. What are we going to do about it?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Got you. You downplay why black ppl like Biden to name recognition and not bc warren had no black agenda until a few months.

that makes a lot of sense. Didn’t think about it like that :ehh:

I personally don't think any black person who's looked at Biden's history and is saying they'll vote for him is a strong Biden supporter. He's got the Hillary Clinton effect going for him. He's got history, and specifically history of policy that is meant to help black folks... But he, like other candidates (possibly all other candidates) show us attention because they know it's a grave mistake not to. Not because they think it's a top issue for their campaign.

I need you guys to parse through what you think you're reading and what I'm actually saying. Everyone knows the black vote is important. I'm saying I think Warren is one of the few who is taking the same extra steps she's taking with everything else, to get face time with black folks. She's not just making sure to take extra visits in South Carolina because three messed up and didn't do it last time (Bernie). She's going to black conferences that other candidates aren't attending...she's getting the only black member of the squad to endorse her... She's trying to do more than just talk. It just SEEMS more important with her is my take.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
The young black vote is still up for grabs. I see either Warren or Sanders getting it. If the young black vote gets motivated, Biden is not a factor