2018 UEFA Champions League Final. May 26. Real Madrid v Liverpool.

Who will be the winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
:jagsdafuq:

Atletico bought him off Chelsea last year for £60million.
Yes, do you even read or just respond like a troll kid?

Atletico bought him for €899k and sold him to Chelsea for €50m and now bought him back for allegedly €70m. Which I said sounded weird..

instead of spending time on finding smilies, you should read the posts you are finding them for.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
So Liverpool’s goalie botched it :mjgrin:

So sad for you :mjgrin:

Got Brexited from the tourney :mjgrin:

What is soccer? :mjgrin:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
How did you catch me in a lie?

You googled "Atletico Madrid's most expensive players of all times" and wrote "Where are the cheap players". Like googling "richest black people in the states" and writing "All black people are rich, what do you mean by poverty".

I'm not reading anything else you said now. :snoop:

:dead:

Thanks for confirming your casualness :salute:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Yes, do you even read or just respond like a troll kid?

Atletico bought him for €899k and sold him to Chelsea for €50m and now bought him back for allegedly €70m. Which I said sounded weird..

Well, it's not weird, considering he's one of the top strikers int he world, and that he had 3 years left of his contract.

What's the overall point that your getting at, though? That Spanish clubs are the onlyones who buy players for cheap, and sell them on for a large profit?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Well, it's not weird, considering he's one of the top strikers int he world, and that he had 3 years left of his contract.

What's the overall point that your getting at, though? That Spanish clubs are the onlyones who buy players for cheap, and sell them on for a large profit?

I guess he missed the good Wenger years.
Levy's iron fist work at Spurs.
Even tho I don't totally agree with the volume, but Chelsea buying youngsters on the cheap and then flipping them. Even tho Real have a similar sort of policy, but hey that won't get mentioned.

But I'm being told that this never happened. I guess I've been living in an alternate timeline all this time.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

It is weird, showcasing the inflation in players. He's not as good as when he left for Chelsea, he's 4 years older and it deviates from their historical strategy. There's been several articles trying to reason with it, so it was obviously extremely unexpected.

No my point was that that's a players price will not always determine how good he is. Just cause costa was bought for 1 million and then later bought for 70 million doesn't mean that he was actually better when he was bought for 70 million. Atletico Madrid is a team that specializes in finding such players, so do Sevilla and Valencia. Certain other teams like Porto and Lyon have also been historically good at that. Arsenal were good at that until they reached the conclusion that it wasn't sustainable. While English teams have in recent times been known to pay dumb money for mediocre players and having a machine hyping them, giving a false pretense that the teams are better than they are.

It's exactly like the national team has been for the past decades, a bunch of mediocre players overhyped by media machines.

Last edited:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loris Karius: Merseyside Police look into death threats to Liverpool goalkeeper

Loris Karius: Merseyside Police look into death threats to Liverpool goalkeeper

He better watch out for Jamie Carragher, the Scouse Tony Soprano

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
I think a big reason why people call La Liga a 'two horse race' is because the clubs who spend the most are Real and Barca. For example, a hot prospect worth 60M wants to come to La Liga.... Villareal, Espanyol, Valencia and others alike are not going to spend that money, they simply can't. So the best players end up going to Real and Barca. Both clubs have stock piled players on some 'arms race' shyt.

In the Premiere League, you have more clubs that can spend that type of money so it looks like the league is really balanced. Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, and United can come up with the cash and top players are spread out, so it feels like a more balanced league. Even though as someone pointed out, both leagues have had more or less the same number of league winners since 1992, La Liga feels more dominated by Real/Barca.

I think things will get hella interesting once Ronaldo and Messi retire/leave their teams.
Both of them are leaving their clubs in 2021, most likely. what an era.