2018 UEFA Champions League Final. May 26. Real Madrid v Liverpool.

Who will be the winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:

Screenshot_20180527-140804.png

Where them cheap signings breh?
I could be wrong but wasnt Forlan, aguero, torres, costa, falcao, griezmann (probably) bought for relatively cheap, developed at the club, and then sold for a big profit. Generating your own money like that is different than oil sheikhs just buying up superstars and ignoring FFP

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
:stopitslime:

Screenshot_20180527-140804.png

Where them cheap signings breh?
That's their all-time list, I didn't say that they strictly buy cheap players. But these clubs like Sevilla, Valencia and Atletico are known for being the smartest buyers and having the best coaches. But seeing what people are offering for some of these players, it was relatively cheap. Two of them already got flipped to China, Falcao got flipped and Griezmann might break a record. The only weird one is Costa, they bought for less than 1 million euros and and sold him for 50 and buys him back for 70 after he partially fell off :jbhmm:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I could be wrong but wasnt Forlan, aguero, torres, costa, falcao, griezmann (probably) bought for relatively cheap, developed at the club, and then sold for a big profit. Generating your own money like that is different than oil sheikhs just buying up superstars and ignoring FFP

Did you not read the screenshot?

£36m and £27m is cheap now? And that's at the discount rate of the sterling, the Euro you looking at 40m and 30m.

Screenshot_20180527-142837.png

Look at the poverty. :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think a big reason why people call La Liga a 'two horse race' is because the clubs who spend the most are Real and Barca. For example, a hot prospect worth 60M wants to come to La Liga.... Villareal, Espanyol, Valencia and others alike are not going to spend that money, they simply can't. So the best players end up going to Real and Barca. Both clubs have stock piled players on some 'arms race' shyt.

In the Premiere League, you have more clubs that can spend that type of money so it looks like the league is really balanced. Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, and United can come up with the cash and top players are spread out, so it feels like a more balanced league. Even though as someone pointed out, both leagues have had more or less the same number of league winners since 1992, La Liga feels more dominated by Real/Barca.

I think things will get hella interesting once Ronaldo and Messi retire/leave their teams.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
That's their all-time list, I didn't say that they strictly buy cheap players. But seeing what people are offering for some of these players, it was relatively cheap. Two of them already got flipped to China, Falcao got flipped and Griezmann might break a record. The only weird one is Costa, they bought for less than 1 million euros and and sold him for 50 and buys him back for 70 after he partially fell off :jbhmm:

Nah breh, I caught you in a lie and now you back tracking. Majority of them are from the last couple of years.

It doesn't matter if that is the all time list or not, you trying to spin the Hooker with heart of gold story.

Y'all complain about the English team spending money but fail to bring up when Serie A and La Liga did it at their equivalent times in the 90's and early 00's. But I forgot y'all just want it one way.

The incompetence of Serie A and La Liga league officials is why they fell behind the PL when it comes to revenue. Serie A because of the corruption, the product being boring and being stuck in the past and La Liga because the powers that be allowed Real and Barca to have their own TV contracts that fukked everyone else in the league over for well over a decade. Something stupid like 90-95% of the teams in LA Liga and in the Segunda were in debt. And that was including Barca who were bringing in 400-500m in revenue. The PL promotes its league not just one or two teams that's everyone else knows already.

Yes the PL is overrated and yes England are shyt at football.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
lmao at athletico being auto top 3. barca and real yes. But u need to incorparte that those teams will have to face other good EPL teams twice a year. this isnt las palmas or sevilla breh. those nid teams woukd get wrecked by EPL top 5.

but im not here to play make believe. its a k own fact that EPL has more competitve teams then La Liga.

watching man u, chelsea, city ,spurs, liver pool and arsenal fight it out is >>>>>> watching real vs barca and at time atletico. thats my point

Athleti is better than literally every EPL club outside of perhaps Citeh. La Liga is tough as fukk.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Nah breh, I caught you in a lie and now you back tracking.

It doesn't matter if that is the all time list or not, you trying to spin the Hooker with heart of gold story.

Y'all complain about the English team spending money but fail to bring up when Serie A and La Liga did it at their equivalent times in the 90's and early 00's. But I forgot y'all just want it one way.

The incompetence of Serie A and La Liga league officials is why they fell behind the PL when it comes to revenue. Serie A because of the corruption, the product being boring and being stuck in the past and La Liga because the powers that be allowed Real and Barca to have their own TV contracts that fukked everyone else in the league over for well over a decade. Something stupid like 90-95% of the teams in LA Liga and in the Segunda were in debt. And that was including Barca who were bringing in 400-500m in revenue. The PL promotes its league not just one or two teams that's everyone else knows already.

Yes the PL is overrated and yes England are shyt at football.
How did you catch me in a lie?

You googled "Atletico Madrid's most expensive players of all times" and wrote "Where are the cheap players". Like googling "richest black people in the states" and writing "All black people are rich, what do you mean by poverty".

I'm not reading anything else you said now. :snoop:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think a big reason why people call La Liga a 'two horse race' is because the clubs who spend the most are Real and Barca. For example, a hot prospect worth 60M wants to come to La Liga.... Villareal, Espanyol, Valencia and others alike are not going to spend that money, they simply can't. So the best players end up going to Real and Barca. Both clubs have stock piled players on some 'arms race' shyt.

In the Premiere League, you have more clubs that can spend that type of money so it looks like the league is really balanced. Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, and United can come up with the cash and top players are spread out, so it feels like a more balanced league. Even though as someone pointed out, both leagues have had more or less the same number of league winners since 1992, La Liga feels more dominated by Real/Barca.

I think things will get hella interesting once Ronaldo and Messi retire/leave their teams.
Yeah but PL teams are buying Sigurddson for 50million while la liga teams that cannot afford to spend money focus on other things. They also get a lot of South American talent as the firt destination. EPL teams wait for players to have a high profile and then buy, not all of them but that is generally the strategy that they follow. It's easy for fans of EPL clubs to think everything will be solved by buying another player. It looks good but realistically the last real title race was 2014. Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man United have not put in a sustained title challenge in many seasons. City ran through the league and for both Chelsea wins there was no doubt who was going to get the league. The problem for the league in Europe has been that Real and Barca are seen as a step up and they have to compete with PSG's cash as well.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
How can you play two CL finals, beat EPL top 5 teams, win the best league in the world ahead of Barcelona and Real Madrid and not be better than EPL top 5 :dahell::dahell:

That PL teams overpay for players and having an english speaking media machine that hypes up players does not reflect the true quality. PL clubs pay 50 million bucks for players Atletico buys for 1 million. The Spanish clubs are masters at buying players and of course, there's so many good Spanish players the 11 best players that miss the world cup could themselves qualify.

:jagsdafuq:

Spanish clubs have always spent big; Figo, Zidane, Zlatan, Neymar, Ronaldo, Real Ronaldo, Coutinho, Dembele, Kaka, Bale, Suarez, Costa....

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

Spanish clubs have always spent big; Figo, Zidane, Zlatan, Neymar, Ronaldo, Real Ronaldo, Coutinho, Dembele, Kaka, Bale, Suarez, Costa....
Real Madrid and Barcelona yes they are also the best teams of all times. All those players played in those teams except Costa who was bought for €899k first time then sold for 50m, I don't know where this new fee is coming from. The weirdest transaction in football, got me thinking that the number is off.

It's pretty obvious that the discussion is about Atletico Madrid contra PL top 5, instead of spending time on finding smilies, you should read the posts you are finding them for.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Real Madrid and Barcelona yes, all those players played in those teams except Costa who was bought for €899k first time then sold for 50m, I don't know where this new fee is coming from. The weirdest transaction in football, got me thinking that the number is off.

Atletico bought him off Chelsea last year for £60million.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah but PL teams are buying Sigurddson for 50million while la liga teams that cannot afford to spend money focus on other things. They also get a lot of South American talent as the firt destination. EPL teams wait for players to have a high profile and then buy, not all of them but that is generally the strategy that they follow. It's easy for fans of EPL clubs to think everything will be solved by buying another player. It looks good but realistically the last real title race was 2014. Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man United have not put in a sustained title challenge in many seasons. City ran through the league and for both Chelsea wins there was no doubt who was going to get the league. The problem for the league in Europe has been that Real and Barca are seen as a step up and they have to compete with PSG's cash as well.

This 1,000%