2017 XXL FRESHMEN Class Cover Out Now

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
It's funny reading threads like this.

Cause you idiots just end up being late to the party n end up liking these guys years down the line.

Bet if I was to bump a 2015 Carti thread the replies would be identical. Yet in this thread everyone here is a "fan" n it's well deserved :mjlol:

Ya just hate on any underground artist until they pop off to the point where ya can't hate anymore without looking crazy

Ya did the same to Future, Migos n Thug
You can say that about the nikkas that didn't fukk with 1000

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Dapped you... but then had to undap you, cause I caught myself hatin.
In all honesty I've only heard one person on that cover... so calling 10 ppl trash when I only heard one is straight hatin.

Lil Uzi Vert and nikkas like that are :trash: but he aint on the picture... :patrice: So I'ma pull up 3 tracks by 3 of these 10 ppl before I hit TRASH.

Cause I'm tryin not to shyt on the youth as a whole... :flabbynsick:

EDIT: Listened to the first 3...

Kamiyah = Generic autotuned rap about being rich. She was using words at least (thats where the bar is nowadays)

A Boogie With the Hoodie = More look at me I got money raps... but no autotune, using words, eh. Not terrible.

PNB Rock = Barely rhymin, sometimes not rhymin at all... autotuned singsong mediocre song.

They all sound like Lil Zane, basically.

Last edited:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Am I getting old af or what? I don't fukk with any of these rappers and I only know about xxx tentacle or whatever tf his name is because the flash knocked his ass out :russ:

How is this new rap so fukking trash :snoop:

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Fulton / Mississippi
honestly i feel like xxl just doesn't really go looking for a variety of styled artist, they could avoid this yearly L by not just posting a top 20 clowns list.
give the south a shot

old larry isn't a freshman, but cmon you can't tell me his style isn't a breath of fresh air and something similar would be a good change of pace for the list.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

I can only identify one person here & that's the swagged up Ken doll rockin a grill looking dude in the left hand side... idk even kno his name. I've just seen his video on BET jams.... this is exactly why I dibt know half the people who will be at Chicago's summer jam... I'm just too old (at 28 I'm afraid that's what it is..)to want to give a fukk about these younger & upcoming acts.

I can recall when it was 2006
XXLFreshmen2008cover.jpg

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Its a nikka in hip hop named KYLE .

I'm old as fukk :francis:

Kyle :laff::laff: not even a last name to go with it, or even a fukking initial, just Kyle :laff:

I can only identify one person here & that's the swagged up Ken doll rockin a grill looking dude in the left hand side... idk even kno his name. I've just seen his video on BET jams.... this is exactly why I don't know half the people who will be at Chicago's summer jam... I'm just too old (at 28 I'm afraid that's what it is..)to want to give a fukk about these younger & upcoming acts.

I can recall when it was 2006
XXLFreshmen2008cover.jpg

Plies and Zoe would be the "weak" ones on here. Wooooow have times changed.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Kyle :laff::laff: not even a last name to go with it, or even a fukking initial, just Kyle :laff:

Plies and Zoe would be the "weak" ones on here. Wooooow have times changed.
Exactly!! And Kyle is going to be at Summer Jam when it's in Chicago. They been announcing the line up on wgci like: :krs: at summer summer we got Lil Wayne, Fat Joe , Remy Ma, Jeremiah, Bump J, KYLE, and more!!! I got front row tickets & im still like :mindblown: who the fukk is this Kyle nikka??!!?