2014 Has Quietly Been a Postive Year For The "Horror" Genre

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I tried watching this, but the subs are gawd awful. I might need to wait until I get some that make a bit more sense. Made it ten minutes, before they started to annoy me.

Those ten minutes though...

What the fukk. :damn::damn::damn::mjcry:

:banderas:

Yea the first ten minutes are amazing...it fall a bit short in the middle, but the third act is great....I'm waiting for a Canadian or U.S. blu ray release too

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
Starry Eyes was dope. I thought it was trying to say a lot, until it got towards the halfway mark though. My enjoyment dropped a little then, but seeing her transformation was cool lol.

That Rosemary's Baby imagery. :banderas: Hasn't been a movie that replicates that hail satan scene properly, yet.

all3rd

All Star
Daps
All those movies especially Annabelle were fukking trash also VHS Viral was horrid the fukk is this op talking about. :mjlol::mjlol:

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
All those movies especially Annabelle were fukking trash also VHS Viral was horrid the fukk is this op talking about. :mjlol::mjlol:

You clearly didn't read OP you fukking idiot

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I'ma camp out in this thread. Good horror flicks are hard to find these days
Agreed. Gonna download some of the films y'all talking about asap. Starting with Babaganoosh.
You clearly didn't read OP you fukking idiot
:deadrose:

On the real though, props to OP. The horror genre has become quite trash the last couple of years. Everything is derivative and boring. As dramatic as it sounds, I want to blame found footage for being the last nail in the coffin.

TOP LAD

Daps
Reppin
LORDE
Agreed. Gonna download some of the films y'all talking about asap. Starting with Babaganoosh.

:deadrose:

On the real though, props to OP. The horror genre has become quite trash the last couple of years. Everything is derivative and boring. As dramatic as it sounds, I want to blame found footage for being the last nail in the coffin.

don't blame the genre, blame the no talent hacks that spam it

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
What are some good horror fliCks to check put on Netflix?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I have to agree with this thread...even Horror/Thriller like The Guest was amazing. Also, Among the Living is another good horror film from France this year...not as good as Guest, Babadook, but still pretty effective...

Also, look out for "It Follows" at the beginning of next year...it screened at some festivals and got rave reviews...
How was the guest horror?

That shyt was a USA network thriller at a best.

Had a good soundtrack though

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
fell apart in what way?

She joined a secret society....ok cool....the whole point of it is to become a movie star....so how the hell is she going to be able to explain how her room mates and entire group of friends magically disappeared?

The plot works if she's virtually any other job in the world....but movie star? They're the most scrutinized people on the planet. Imagine if TMZ or somebody started digging into the past of Scarlett Johansson, and everybody she knew vanished one night. And it's implied that's how everyone down with that studio operates. It's not an isolated incident.

They came up with a good idea and then towards the end didn't know how to execute it.

Fred.

TOP LAD

Daps
Reppin
LORDE
She joined a secret society....ok cool....the whole point of it is to become a movie star....so how the hell is she going to be able to explain how her room mates and entire group of friends magically disappeared?

The plot works if she's virtually any other job in the world....but movie star? They're the most scrutinized people on the planet. Imagine if TMZ or somebody started digging into the past of Scarlett Johansson, and everybody she knew vanished one night. And it's implied that's how everyone down with that studio operates. It's not an isolated incident.

They came up with a good idea and then towards the end didn't know how to execute it.

Fred.

While your point make sense, I don't think the goal here was for you think that deeply into what happens after. To say they didn't execute it properly because they are not accounting for what happens after she "makes it" is kind of dumb especially when you consider the supernatural elements in the movie. And if it did have that supernatural element, I still kinda disagree. From the start of the film they make it clear She has no REAL family, that's been her story and it will continue to be her story, this secret society could easily make up friends for her and claim to have known her forever.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
While your point make sense, I don't think the goal here was for you think that deeply into what happens after. To say they didn't execute it properly because they are not accounting for what happens after she "makes it" is kind of dumb especially when you consider the supernatural elements in the movie. And if it did have that supernatural element, I still kinda disagree. From the start of the film they make it clear She has no REAL family, that's been her story and it will continue to be her story, this secret society could easily make up friends for her and claim to have known her forever.

Them not thinking about what happens after the movie ends is a major problem. You have to have foresight into things making sense. You can't say :manny: "well, we hit the 2 hour mark, let's wrap it up!"

And that still makes no sense because she's never presented as a recluse. She sticks out like a sore thumb all through out the movie. She's seen at parties and shyt....she routinely goes to auditions. She was a waitress a Hooters type establishment, which isn't exactly low profile....hell, a problem employee at that.

Think about your life, who you socialize with, your job....there's a ton of random ass people that at least kinda know who you associate with....you'd effectively have to rewrite a person's entire history every time someone joined the cult, which again is virtually impossible for anyone nowadays, let alone a movie star.

I guess if you want to say "well that used some kinda supernatural element to erase people's memory"....or whatever the fukk....ok, but that's never even remotely implied in the movie.

Over all it was a good idea, just poorly executed. It's not like the movie was terrible or anything.

Fred.