2013 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Does Boyd and the UCLA QB have NFL starter potential?

Tahj Boyd, yes. Accurate passer, strong arm, has developed more into a pocket passer. Top of my head, maybe only Bridgewater or Aaron Murray might go ahead of him.

I need to see more of Hundley from UCLA.......but I think Keith Price(Washington) is very good as well.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
@dtownreppin214 @macpat Mack seemed to get a lil defensive when asked at his pesser if Tyrone Swoopes was gonna play this week. Was he trying to hide it?

Be interesting if he does.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
@dtownreppin214 @macpat Mack seemed to get a lil defensive when asked at his pesser if Tyrone Swoopes was gonna play this week. Was he trying to hide it?

You know that negro gonna play...... They have less than 0 chance of beating OU with Case McCoy, even without Corey Nelson at Mike..... Mack is gonna pull out all the stops to keep his job because he cares more about that and money than Swoopes's red shirt or any other player on that team..

calh45

Cal
Daps
You know that negro gonna play...... They have less than 0 chance of beating OU with Case McCoy, even without Corey Nelson at Mike..... Mack is gonna pull out all the stops to keep his job because he cares more about that and money than Swoopes's red shirt or any other player on that team..

and that kid's parents should come out of left field and say "fukk No" to protect him.....so should Texas'.....who is their AD now? Whomever can say no from Texas' administration should shut that shyt down too.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

I doubt he plays. Dude hasn't saw any game action, Mack rarely plays anyone for their first time, let alone at QB, against OU, if anything he gets substantial playing time after we get demolished this weekend.

and that kid's parents should come out of left field and say "fukk No" to protect him.....so should Texas'.....who is their AD now? Whomever can say no from Texas' administration should shut that shyt down too.

Swoopes is a freshman, I think you are referring to Ash who has the concussion issues.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I doubt he plays. Dude hasn't saw any game action, Mack rarely plays anyone for their first time, let alone at QB, against OU, if anything he gets substantial playing time after we get demolished this weekend.

Swoopes is a freshman, I think you are referring to Ash who has the concussion issues.

I'm talking about Swoopes. If Mack tries to burn his redshirt for his job then everyone from the President down should swoop from on high and slap his ass.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise

Deloss" Da Homie" Dodds is still in charge until August. Nothing will be done until at least after this season. Somebody should advocate for him(or maybe he should tell him that he isn't playing). Their relationship is why Texas is in the predicament that they're in now.

I'm talking about Swoopes. If Mack tries to burn his redshirt for his job then everyone from the President down should swoop from on high and slap his ass.

Doubt that anyone does anything..... It's Doss and Brown against the world.... The only other options Mack has is to go with McCoy alone or put Overstreet back at QB who hasn't played QB since HS. Ash was rushed back because Mack needs him to salvage his season but his career is most likely over. Trust me when I say that Mack is in crisis management mode and is DESPERATE to win this game to at least keep the false hope alive that Texas can win the conference title this season. Even if Texas beats OU, Texas is getting that work against Baylor and TCU and quite possibly Texas Tech.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

I see no issue with burning his shirt and in all honesty it should have been burned already. No reason Case McCoy should be playing in front of him.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I see no issue with burning his shirt and in all honesty it should have been burned already. No reason Case McCoy should be playing in front of him.

You don't do that to a freshman halfway through the season when all he's been doing is being the QB for the scout team. If he wasn't ready at the beginning of the year then he ain't ready now especially when he hasn't had to do any film watching to prep for live games, practice with the first team, learn the plays (they change throughout the season from camp which he probably wasn't given the full playbook anyway). Shouldn't burn a redshirt in game 6 of the year because the team is bad and coach wants to win. It ain't fair to the kid.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe late, but them OU & Texas jerseys trimmed in gold. just a lil subtle change

BV-03wbCAAEtT9s.jpg

cant really see the gold much in UT jerseys

BV-7MBQCIAAjp55.jpg

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Any week 7 upsets? Home in bold

#16 Washington v.s #2 Oregon (3pm Fox Sports 1)

#25 Missouri v.s #7 Georgia (11am ESPN)

Rutgers v.s #8 Louisville (Thurs. 6:30pm ESPN)

Ole Miss v.s #9 Texas A&M (7:30pm ESPN)

#17 Florida v.s #10 LSU (2:30 CBS)

Texas v.s #12 Oklahoma (11am ABC)

Arkansas v.s #14 South Carolina (11:21 SEC TV)

Penn State v.s #18 Michigan (4pm ESPN)

Wisconsin v.s #19 Northwestern (2:30pm ABC)

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You don't do that to a freshman halfway through the season when all he's been doing is being the QB for the scout team. If he wasn't ready at the beginning of the year then he ain't ready now especially when he hasn't had to do any film watching to prep for live games, practice with the first team, learn the plays (they change throughout the season from camp which he probably wasn't given the full playbook anyway). Shouldn't burn a redshirt in game 6 of the year because the team is bad and coach wants to win. It ain't fair to the kid.

He has been taking snaps with the first team since our bye week a couple of weeks ago. And it wasn't about him being ready at the beginning of the season, if Ash doesn't have this concussion issue then we aren't having this discussion. Our starting QB went down, injuries happen, he should have been next in line to begin with, they went with Case, if he can't get it done I'd like for the shirt to come off before packing it end and calling it a season. And it would probably be best for him to go ahead and burn it because the guy coming after him could likely take his spot anyway.