2013 MTV Video Music Awards thread

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Anyone else notice how this is just a staunch display of the whitening of "black culture"?

- This completely gentrified display of Brooklyn
- Miley Cyrus's whole performance
- All of these artists walking around dressed in "urban" fashion with skull caps and grills and shyt
- The slang the VJs and artists are being told to use

shyt is disgusting.

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
tumblr_ms46vwJcA91qh9nffo1_500.gif

concise

Veteran
Daps
Anyone else notice how this is just a staunch display of the whitening of "black culture"?

- This completely gentrified display of Brooklyn
- Miley Cyrus's whole performance
- All of these artists walking around dressed in "urban" fashion with skull caps and grills and shyt
- The slang the VJs and artists are being told to use

shyt is disgusting.

not watching the show, just reading the threads til the game comes on. Don't know why you're surprised. MTV has always been about filth and never cared for black people.

Malfoy

Sweet Thing.
Daps
I absolutely loved, and adored Strange fruit (the original), If I had the patience I would probably look for posts with me referencing it, but meh. I can't believe Kanye West used this sample, and did not do it any justice. There were, and are so many things he could have said on this record but it has been completely wasted. What's even worse? The track/beat is DOPE but his verses are lackluster and don't embody the original subject matter. This entire award show is a damn mockery. I have been screaming the same things for years, but no one listened, and hopefully sooner rather than later everyone can see how diluted hip hop is now.