2012 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakarta

Go Pack Go
Daps
Reppin
chicago
Pretty glad I've gotten really sick the past few days. I can't even get mad about this team right now.

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Sounds like Purdue offered their head coaching job to Butch Jones from Cincinnati. That would be a home run hire if he accepts it.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
What happened to Bridgewater?

he broke his wrist last week non throwing hand though

please dont tell me you bet on louisville, ever since i ehard charlie strong interviewing it reminds me of last year when kevin sumlin did and cost houston a bcs bowl by interviewing for that texas a&m job

and last wek mark stoops interviewing for the kentucky job, and when kelly left cincy to take teh notre dame job

G.O.A.T

All Star
Daps
Georgia Tech might not win Saturday in the ACC title game against Florida State, but the Yellow Jackets picked up a huge victory Thursday.

The NCAA approved Georgia Tech's bowl waiver, allowing the Yellow Jackets to play in a bowl game even if they lose to FSU and finish 6-7.

Georgia Tech had filed a waiver after the NCAA board of directors passed a rule last summer, prohibiting bowls from picking a 6-7 team over an eligible 6-6 team.

The NCAA's decision to allow a team with a losing record in a bowl means a non-AQ team with a .500 record or better will not get a bowl bid.

Last week, sources told ESPN there were "several conferences" opposed to Georgia Tech receiving the waiver and taking a spot from a .500 or better team, specifically because the NCAA had changed the rule last summer.

Georgia Tech will be one of eight eligible bowl teams from the ACC. The ACC has eight bowl tie-ins, so the Yellow Jackets, even at 6-7, would be guaranteed a bid to an ACC bowl.

The Georgia Tech-Florida State winner will play in the Orange Bowl.

If Georgia Tech loses to FSU, it would mark the second consecutive season a team lost its conference championship game and went to a bowl game with a 6-7 record. Last year it was UCLA, which received an exemption from the NCAA to play in a bowl game despite its losing record. That prompted the NCAA's rule change over the summer.
:gag:

Status
Not open for further replies.