2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

Straight_Piff

All Star
Daps
any news on where JR Smith might end up? I know he opted out to get more money but is it a guarantee he'll resign with the Knicks. Also does NY plan on matching the Raps offer sheet for Fields

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
any news on where JR Smith might end up? I know he opted out to get more money but is it a guarantee he'll resign with the Knicks. Also does NY plan on matching the Raps offer sheet for Fields

No not matching for fields and jr coming back to the Knicks most likely

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Clipps had a positive meeting w/Jamal Crawford in LA today & made a contract offer,but hes still considering MIN, PHL, MEM, PHX, source says

According to multiple reports, the Houston Rockets have withdrawn the qualifying offer that would have made Courtney Lee a restricted free agent. Lee is now free to sign anywhere he chooses, so expect renewed interest from some of his former suitors: Chicago, Indiana, Minnesota, among them.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I predict the only thing the Bulls do is make sure they are mentioned with some other available player...

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
No offer has been agreed to or offered yet. I don't know how they got that from Jalen's tweet. Nobody even knows the actual dollar amount yet. Some places say it's $44 mil, $45 mil, $48 mil, $50 mil. Still up in the air.

Minny's looking into Dominic Mcguire, but that's small news, I know.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No offer has been agreed to or offered yet. I don't know how they got that from Jalen's tweet. Nobody even knows the actual dollar amount yet. Some places say it's $44 mil, $45 mil, $48 mil, $50 mil. Still up in the air.

Minny's looking into Dominic Mcguire, but that's small news, I know.

Tre what's going on with these horrible contracts ? Teams just throwing money around

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Tre what's going on with these horrible contracts ? Teams just throwing money around

u talking about this one or in general?

When you're restricted, the only way to lure someone away is to massively overpay. If you offer that player too fair a deal, the other team will match it and easily thank you. This summer, many of the good free agents are RFA's. If they were unrestricted, it's a little easier to make an offer because you don't have to worry about some team cockblocking you even if the player accepts your deal.