2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

Chris Broussard

Fox Sports NBA Sportswriter
Daps
from what i hear from people close to Gordon is he hasnt had any contact from teams overseas, so im going to predict they are all NBA teams after his services. they tell me he will end up signing to play basketball somewhere in America

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Gauging the market value for Steve Novak is of great intrigue and I'm hearing close to a dozen teams called today expressing interest. I can't imagine Stevie Wonder being worth a full $5M mid-level exception after being a minimum guy but all it takes is one team. The #Knicks feel good about retaining him but are worried about their luxury-tax bill in this new CBA. They definitely don't want to overpay during this free agency and could look into cheaper options at backup 3-4 if they have to.

More on Kirilenko (#2)- The other concern is age and health. He is 31 years old and played in about 60 to 70% of games in his last three years. He showed no sign of being able to play for continued stretch. On this Jazz team he would be asked to do less and play fewer minutes would that negate the injury concern or make it less of an impact when he was hurt. At the right price and for the right amount of years (1 with the #2 and #3 kicking in based on games played) (more)
More on Kirilenko (#3) - Kirilenko must be viewed in light of the other options not the memories of him with the Jazz. When the rest of the free agent small forwards are Rasard Lewis, Carlos Delfino, Brandon Rush or Pietrus then I would look at AK very favorably. And finally how would Kirilenko play under Corbin rather than Sloan, they had a very good relationship and could often be seen talking about AK's family and his kids. AK needs to be loved.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Jose Calderon for Metta World Peace?

:leon:

ibqLiRhSxHXHyn.gif

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Per Adrian Wojnarowski, The 76ers have reached an agreement in principle on a two-year, $6 million-plus extension with Lavoy Allen, league sources tell Y! Sports.

:obama: