2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics, Minnesota Timberwolves, Phoenix Suns and Philadelphia 76ers were among the teams to contact unrestricted free agent Jamal Crawford after midnight, according to sources close to the situation.

SI.com’s Sam Amick is reporting that the New Orleans Hornets have opted to buyout and waive Rashard Lewis, allowing him to hit the free agent market. Lewis’ salary for next season was slated to be $22.69 million, however only $13.7 of that amount is guaranteed. The Hornets will carry that amount on their cap valuation for this season and save some $8 million in cash on the deal.

Lewis strongly believed he was going to be amnestied last year, but the Wizards kept him on the roster and traded him to the Hornets just prior to the draft.

Lewis confided to sources last year that the HEAT, Rockets, Lakers and Knicks would be desirable situations. It’s safe to assume those would be good starting points on predicting Lewis’ next team.

Neg Bundy

Rookie
Daps
I think they match too. I just appreciate the effort.

C Pekovic
PF Love
SF Williams
SG Batum
PG Rubio

With Roy, Luke, Budinger and JJ off the bench

*jumps up like Ted and Sam Jones*

Minny's looking at Willie Green and possibly bringing back Anthony Randolph, just not at the $4 mil qualifying offer.

too dark.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Nash met with Raps and Knicks today. Nets will make their pitch in AM, interested in Nash both as potential D-Will replacement and teammate. After Raps and Knicks today, Nets have formally requested chance to sit down with Steve Nash as well. Meeting scheduled for Monday morning.

Andrei Kirilenko was the Euroleague MVP and defensive player of the year. Kirilenko lead the Euroleague with 24 pts, 7.2 rebounds and 2 blocks a game. Andrei Kirilenko hit 42% on his three pointers in 17 games in Euroleague play this year.

cimalee

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
richmond va
Minny was close to getting Crawford at the dealine from the blazers , I think the deal was for Ridnour , I know Nate pushed for that , he loved luke in Seattle

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Former Utah Jazz player Andrei Kirilenko will return to the NBA according to his coach at CSKA Moscow. Kirilenko had a fabulous year in the Euroleague.

Kirlenko was the Euroleague MVP, the defensive player of the year and of course 1st team all league. He lead the Euroleague with 24 pts, 7.2 rebounds and 2 blocks and 2 steals a games. He was the league only player to rank in the top 10 in all of those categories.

Euroleague keeps track of fouls drawn and he ranked 4th in that category.

The Utah Jazz still maintain the Bird Right’s to Kirilenko meaning they can sign him for whatever they wish regardless of their positioning in the salary cap. In addition, the Jazz could sign and trade Kirilenko if he is interested in playing for another team.

There have been numerous false alarms that he has a deal done with the Nets.

Kirilenko is now 31 years old having played professional and often year round for since he was 16. In his final three years of the NBA he played just 67, 58 and 64 games.

A year away may have given Kirilenko’s body a break, however at 31 his health is major concern.

The Jazz interest in Kirilenko will likely be determined by how many years other teams are willing to offer the oft injured forward.

Neg Bundy

Rookie
Daps
Rashard Lewis has lived a good life. I really hope that nikka goes to church every Sunday and gives thanks.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Minny was close to getting Crawford at the dealine from the blazers , I think the deal was for Ridnour , I know Nate pushed for that , he loved luke in Seattle

I thought it was a done deal when they pulled Crawford from the Knicks game.

I doubt we trade Luke til Rubio's 100%, but I thought that was gonna happen because Ridnour's kid is sick and he'd be closer to home.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Chatted with Eric Gordon at IAH. Said he's wide open heading to meeting with Rockets.

the oddity of #Nets 5-Point-Guard Plan is that Avery wont actually let any of them run the point.

Wolves are telling UFA Anthony Tollliver they're interested in re-signing him after they make other moves.

cimalee

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
richmond va
I thought it was a done deal when they pulled Crawford from the Knicks game.

I doubt we trade Luke til Rubio's 100%, but I thought that was gonna happen because Ridnour's kid is sick and he'd be closer to home.

I heard it was close as any , also heard a crawford for steve blake deal :wtf:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I heard it was close as any , also heard a crawford for steve blake deal :wtf:

lol naw, it was supposed to be a 3 team deal as Crawford would go to Minnesota, Beasley to the Lakers, and Steve Blake back to the Blazers.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The Hawks have been open to moving forward Josh Smith though they've resisted offers so far. Apparently the Hawks balked at a potential deal with the Lakers for Pau Gasol because L.A. wanted another major piece to go along with Smith. That would leave the Hawks with less than six players under contract, less talent, and no short-term cap relief because of the $38 million and two years remaining on Gasol's contract.

The Lakers have made preliminary inquiries about free-agent small forwards Nick Young and Brandon Rush, The Times has learned.