2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
it'd be dope if the mavs tanked this year for a good draft pick then signed dwight and another star this summer :wow:

what trade is that?

Robin Lopez and Hakim Warrick to NO

Wes Johnson, Brad Miller and Memphis' 1st rounder to PHX

Jerome Dyson and 2 2nd rounders to MIN (which would free up money to sign AK47)

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so who is going to play PG for the Hornets? there board on realgm is dead.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Woodson is really a smart coach that realized that the Knocks? are best suited for floor spacing and scoring areas, rather than traditional NBA positions.

C = Camby, etc (based on foul trouble, free throw shooting)
PF = Tyson, Novak (offense or defense)
SF = JR, Novak (matchup based 3pt shooters)
SG = Melo is #1 post-up option, from the perimeter game
PG = Shump, (Kidd is change of pace and slowdown PG)

If Melo can shed extra weight and be slim and dangerous like he used be to the Knocks might make a impact in the East next season, Lin was irrelevant to their new look for 2012.

Melo is going to be like a Mashburn/Barkley/Richmond as a #1 option, picking where he wants to setup shop based on the flow of the game. Almost like a Randy Moss ratio in the NBA.

I have no words

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Hornets are building a squad. I doubt Rivers will be playing majority PG maybe a little. I see him more as a 2. Hornets haven't found their PG

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Hornets are building a squad. I doubt Rivers will be playing majority PG maybe a little. I see him more as a 2. Hornets haven't found their PG

Hornets Grooming Austin Rivers To Play Point Guard
Jul 13, 2012 10:12 AM EDT

Austin Rivers is being groomed strictly to play point guard for the Hornets.

“I think now it’s his time to grow,” Hornets assistant coach James Barrego said. “We’re putting the ball in his hands. … Our future’s really bright, and hopefully Austin’s that guy that can take that point guard position and run with it.”

Rivers will get most of his Summer League playing time at the point guard position in hopes that it will become a full-time job.

“He understands the game, which you want in a point guard,” Barrego said. “His instinct is to score. But we’re trying to slow him down, learn our offense, learn our pace, learn our rhythm, and I think those are things he’s going to get.

“He’s slowly working his way in. We want him to be aggressive. We don’t want to take away that instinct, that advantage he is for us. So he’s got to have a balance, but he can’t be in that mode full-time. You can’t be an aggressive point guard all the time, but we want him to put pressure on the defense any time he can.”

:mjpls:

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
It won't work. Yu can't make a 2 into a permanent PG. hawks tried it with Joe Johnson. D-wade and B-Roy eventually went to their natural posistions.