2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
NBA's 30 teams also notified that Darko Milcic has cleared waivers and is now an unrestricted free agent

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Charlotte's winning bid for Haywood, per league source, was $2.05M.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
This delays likely Asik. RT @StevePopper: At 3:30 p.m. EST - Knicks still haven't received offer sheet on Lin from the Rockets.

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
Well, that was fun while it lasted. Rockets guy getting with NY GM Glen Grunwald to deliver the Lin offer sheet, start the three-day clock

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
I don't understand how Orlando would benefit more from this 3-way deal than just a straight up deal with Houston. I call ducktales.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:deadrose: @ people in here getting shook over some bullshyt rumor some guy on the radio threw out to get attention.

Minnesota wouldn't make that trade and neither would the Lakers. Love is good but he's not NEARLY as versatile as Pau. It's not just about how good the pieces on a team are it's about how well they fit together.

Also the Salaries don't match. The Wolves would have to trade Love and another player making at least 3 million. The Wolves would never trade a 23 year old Kevin Love for a 32 year old Pau Gasol.

The lakers would make that trade with no hesitation

Love is better, much younger and much cheaper
That's such a lopsided trade. It doesn't benefit minny in any way

I don't understand how Orlando would benefit more from this 3-way deal than just a straight up deal with Houston. I call ducktales.

Rockets offering too much for dwight. Houston would be better off rebuilding and getting a stud from the 2014 draft.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's being reported by multiple legit reporters. Nobody is saying the deal is done or even close, just that they're talking.

The reported Houston deal (where they give up their entire roster and damn near all their picks) has been debunked by a few people also.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
nah I believe that reporters are reporting it, but I think it's a ploy by Orlando to milk Houston for an extra pick or two... by amnestying Scola, Houston would be able to take back whatever the hell Orlando wanted to give them in trash salaries and Houston has more young assets than Cleveland and LA... the Lakers can't trade any 1st round picks, so any 1st rounders going to Orlando would come via Cleveland; and I don't see any young assets on Cleveland or LA comparable to the stable of 1st and 2nd year players that Houston is dangling

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah I believe that reporters are reporting it, but I think it's a ploy by Orlando to milk Houston for an extra pick or two... by amnestying Scola, Houston would be able to take back whatever the hell Orlando wanted to give them in trash salaries and Houston has more young assets than Cleveland and LA... the Lakers can't trade any 1st round picks, so any 1st rounders going to Orlando would come via Cleveland; and I don't see any young assets on Cleveland or LA comparable to the stable of 1st and 2nd year players that Houston is dangling

The Houston deal is definitely better. I just wouldn't be shocked if Orlando was talking to the Cavs and Lakers. By all reports the Magic are talking to everybody.

Houston seems to be the most likely spot but the deal that was being reported is just stupid as they'd essentially just be switching rosters.

I think Houston wants Dwight but Orlando is trying to cripple them in the process and Houston isn't going for that shyt. Orlando is trying to dump J-Rich and Hedo and I don't see any team taking both of them on with the hopes of keeping Dwight long term.