2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
adidas-Dwight-Howard-Josh-Smith2.png

"Josh Smith, one of the star players on the Atlanta Hawks, is reportedly encouraged that new GM Danny Ferry has traded away Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams over the past few days.

Why would Josh Smith be “thrilled” that the team traded away arguably their best player in Johnson and a rotation player in Marvin Williams? To add to this strange report, Smith has not been shy in the past about trade demands.

With these trades, it is now believed that the Atlanta Hawks will be able to enter the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, whether it be in a trade or in free agency next summer. Johnson’s bloated contract would have prevented this from being a possibility, which Danny Ferry recognized.

Aside from being the league’s best center, Dwight Howard is very close friends with Josh Smith. A Howard/Smith pairing has been tossed around in the past, but the destination was usually Orlando.

The Hawks do have the financial ability to acquire Howard, although it will certainly not be easy. The Brooklyn Nets have offered Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, and a grouping of first round picks for the Orlando big man. One would have to think that if the Hawks were to offer a package centered around Al Horford and Jeff Teague, Orlando would have to very seriously consider it.

It seems that Josh Smith is very excited about the future of the Atlanata Hawks."

Lamar+Odom+confronts+Kevin+Garnett.jpg

NBA officials say Miami also planned to make a strong (though long-shot) pitch to Kevin Garnett had he not re-signed with Boston (for three years, $34 million) and to Lamar Odom had the Clippers not traded for him June 30. But Ray Allen was always Miami's first choice, and the Heat thrilled to get him.

Miami Herald

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why the fukk would Dwight go to ATL when he wants to be a star?

Because people like to grossly overrate the appeal of a playing going to play in their hometown.

DWade
Lebron
DWill
Nash

all turned down the chance to play in their hometowns in favor of playing in another city with another team better set up to compete.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Because people like to grossly overrate the appeal of a playing going to play in their hometown.

DWade
Lebron
DWill
Nash

all turned down the chance to play in their hometowns in favor of playing in another city with another team better set up to compete.

If Dwight goes and plays with his childhood friend, then he's a fukking fraud.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
In other news, the #Magic have not had any discussions with Andrew Bynum or his agent about a possible extension.

Finished at TEAM USA practice. 92' Dream Teamer & Duke legend Christian Laettner making an appearance today...as a media member.

LeBron on Bulls addition of Hinrich: "He's a good player ... a guy that can shoot the ball, can defend as well, so he'll be good for them."

Vasquez, Orlando's '05 lottery pick, is at the end of Spanish League deal. There's been optimism that he'll finally join Magic next season.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vasquez, Orlando's '05 lottery pick, is at the end of Spanish League deal. There's been optimism that he'll finally join Magic next season.

The league needs to do something about these bytch ass Euro players entering the draft and not showing up till years after the fact.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The league needs to do something about these bytch ass Euro players entering the draft and not showing up till years after the fact.

yea I know that's what I been saying. There been hella euro players that been drafted and haven't sniffed a second in the NBA. If you gonna enter the NBA draft, than you should already know that the NBA is the only league you should and are gonna play in. I know stashing Euro players overseas, but signing a better deal and staying in Euro would have me hella pissed if I was a GM. I remember I was pissed when that dude Juan Carlos Navarro went back to Europe and play there after one season in the NBA, the dude was dope.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
what can they do? say he cant play? isnt he doing that now?

:umad:

The league can always say something along the lines of "You have 2 years to report to you NBA franchise, if not, we'll fine you a certain amount (depending on where you were drafted) for the next 3?? .. 5?? years.

And before anyone says its not possible .. ANYTHING is possible. The NBA makes the rules that the NBA has to abide by. It can be done. That'll have these euros think twice about entering the draft and not fullfilling their word on coming to the states.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
The league can always say something along the lines of "You have 2 years to report to you NBA franchise, if not, we'll fine you a certain amount (depending on where you were drafted) for the next 3?? .. 5?? years.

And before anyone says its not possible .. ANYTHING is possible. The NBA makes the rules that the NBA has to abide by. It can be done. That'll have these euros think twice about entering the draft and not fullfilling their word on coming to the states.

alot of euros let it been known to teams they want to go to ahead of time

magic gambled and lost

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Nets "making progress" on finding a third team to take Kris Humphries in a scenario that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn, source says. One possible destination for Humphries is Cleveland, who would get the forward in a sign-and-trade arrangement, source says.

Nenad Krstic just said: 'I would stay in CSKA'.Kirilenko is reportedly staying. Was Messina bluffing when he said all of them were leaving?

Nenad Krstic: 'I haven't decided yet my future. But the options are NBA or CSKA Moscow. I am not going to change team in Europe'