2001: A Space Odyssey

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Just to add on to some things people have already said:

The fact that this movie was made in 1969 adds to its amazing quality. I mean, we're talking a whole 8 years before Star wars. As a matter of fact, I think the dude who did all the space sequences went on to work on Star Wars based off of his work on this movie. It's insane that you could watch this movie today and the special effects look great. There's movies from the 70s, 80s, and 90s that pale in comparison to this one.

Also, the music used in this movie has become so re-used and cliche at this point in pop culture that the audience watching it in a modern context could easily forget that this movie was the FIRST to use those symphonies. That's how iconic it is.

Look at the set design (like dude said before, u have to be a cinephile to appreciate the subtle things)....like the interior of the ship Dave is on. It's :mindblown: I mean a lot of this stuff is made up/straight out of Kubrick's imagination. That's some truly crazy shyt. Kubrick was really a dude who understood shot composition. You could take a still of any scene from this movie and make a poster out of it.

the best post in this thread..

he was genius and a very hard man to work with..he brought out the best of his workers.

Oztradamus

Hold G's, Guns, and Grams...
Daps
Reppin
Chi-City
One of my favorite movies ever... shyt looks crispy on BluRay, needs to be watched on a big screen for full immersion.

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
I can watch 2001 every couple years. Very beautiful filmed, visually excellent, well scored and shot.

BUT BORING AS fukkING shyt.

Im not knocking the film though, its mostly a visual trip and a mind fukk of a story. I can get blunted and watch it and appreciate it.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I can watch 2001 every couple years. Very beautiful filmed, visually excellent, well scored and shot.

BUT BORING AS fukkING shyt.

Im not knocking the film though, its mostly a visual trip and a mind fukk of a story. I can get blunted and watch it and appreciate it.

you can watch the film in many ways..the most concentrated/drug fuelled sessions are the way..

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if i remember correctly there trying to teach you that no matter how advanced humans become a simple tool can stop anything

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta get Spartacus and 2001 on Blu-Ray for my new 82 inch TV :whew:
Cinerama is the best way to view 2001. I would love to get a chance to see it this way.
hollywood-cinerama-dome-2003-sugimoto.jpg