2001: A Space Odyssey

krexzen

All Star
Daps
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Someone please explain this movie and the hype over why it's so great cus I just watched that shyt and :mindblown:

You have to kinda watch it from an artistic perspective. It's not about the action with this movie(don't expect Aliens, Star Wars, Star trek, etc). I have to admit I was disappointed when I first saw it, but after a while I was able to appreciate certain aspects of the movie.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Didnt think so many people here would like this like i do :obama:

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
^

I'll check from my phone then

I'm able to stream it but not download the file( want to listen underground while on the train)

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
I can't get pass the part with the monkeys, movie seemed to have no plot at all

In regards to the monkey comment.
In the book, everything gets explained in high detail, but most of it is just implied in the movie. For time reasons obviously.
Clarke started the movie out on the Sarah desert for this reason:
The makers of the monolith were searching for intelligent life. They saw the potential of the primates of earth, and decided to give them a little boost in the right direction. When the monolith appeared before the monkeys, it started subconsiously changing their brains. Making them more intelligent. Altering genes. When the monolith finished making changes, it left the primates alone. Disappeared. At this point in the movie, you see the primates go from a peaceful dying species, to a clan of war(The main primate comes up with the idea of using a bone to smash and the others follow suit.) This group of primates eventually wipes out the competition and goes on to dominate the earth. Millions of years later, the primates become humans and we become a spacefaring species (as shown when the primate throws the bone in the air, and the movie segues into a space station tumbling through space). All of this happend because those "monkeys" had been "made better" with by the monolith.
So that's why the opening scene doesnt make sense to those who have not read the book. It also shows how important this scene is to the rest of the movie.