20 years ago today, Usher released his fourth studio album 'Confessions'.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Senior year in high school for me. I remember 'Yeah' mostly on the radio, and in clubs in TJ later that year, after I graduated. That single about the abortion or the miscarriage or whatever was always on the radio. Burn? It was omnipresent everywhere you went after a few months.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I was about to turn 19 [august 17th] :mjcry:

got my trust fund and you better believe this was still getting major play at the end of August :whew:

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember being half sleep and Sway coming on MTV news talking about this album right before it was about to drop, and talking about Usher cheating. I was like :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: ain’t no way he cheated on Chilli LMAO

Superstar probably my favorite track.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
I was still a 1st Grader when that album dropped... the singles were getting mad radio and video play through the 4 seasons that year.

I'm still surprised that this was Usher's highest selling album to this day. 2004 must have been a snoozefest then if he could get 1.1 million folks to buy his album then.

This might have been a breath of fresh air for folks who got tired of listening to Chingy, 50, Cam, and Lil Jon.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
I'm still surprised that this was Usher's highest selling album to this day. 2004 must have been a snoozefest then if he could get 1.1 million folks to buy his album then.

This might have been a breath of fresh air for folks who got tired of listening to Chingy, 50, Cam, and Lil Jon.

You gotta be trolling:beli::dahell::martin::what::snoop:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
One of the top 5 greatest R&B albums ever.

Seduction
That's What It's Made For
Can You Handle It
Do It To Me

:wow:

But how much was Usher? Usher played into it with the Chili drama. and we learned about the album creation years later. Hot album...but Usher was just the mouthpiece.

JD wrote the album, JD said multiple tracks was about his life.... and he made Usher record yeah with lil jon when Usher didn't want to do it.

If JD could sing....Usher doesn't put out that album.

Last edited: