20 years ago, Rhythm-al-ism was released. 20th Anniversary of DJ Quik's Rhythm-al-ism Appreciation

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
This album is a top 5 west coast album to me..

Personally I listen to this more than Chronic..I enjoy it more as well.

Brehs like Quik are LEGIT producers..it's beatmakers who call themselves producers and it's a slap in the face to guys like Quik who have mastered the craft, and can put together complex pieces to make great music.

Great mixing too..

I can feel the low end on my tiny bluetooth $20 trunida headphones..

"I USED TO KNOW HER:shaqsing:"

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Man I remember I use to play We Still Party on my beats headphones back in 2008

And I use to be BLOWN away how crisped and super quality that song sounded , then I found out Quik was similar to Dr Dre and mixed his own records , I Experienced it raw!!!!!

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
One of my fav artists :wow:
He’s also a crazy mutt but if you look at him you wouldn’t think that at all , I guess that’s comes with the genius :dead:

I remember he dissed Dr Dre on Twitter because he thought he had his albums removed on Apple Music but it was just he’s phone wasn’t working :heh::dead:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Everyone knows how much I love Quik and how I think he's a genius.

I always look at this scene on YT and just admire both these cats. True musicians. Rhythmalism and Visualism never get old.

Man I was hyped to see him bring back El Debarge into the hip hop scene at this time. Because I grew up listening to debarge from my aunt. It was funny how he brought him back because he showed up looking thugged out