20 years ago, Rhythm-al-ism was released. 20th Anniversary of DJ Quik's Rhythm-al-ism Appreciation

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
:russ: you couldn't wait to make this thread.

This album was brilliant, he could do it all :wow:

Thinkin Bout U, El's Interlude :picard::wow:

Genius :mjcry:. He should be where Pharrell is, IMO.

Yeah. I was ready to make this thread
Album is indeed brilliant. A straight up masterpiece.
Every single song on the album is on point! :ohlawd:

That album was mixed and mastered so clean.

Safe and Sound, Rhythmalism, and Balance and Options. Quik dropped 3 great albums in a row that sounded nothing alike

:yes:

The mixing and mastering on that album is some of the best I've ever heard!

My parents bought this at a record store called "Circles" that's no longer around.

We played this shyt on the ride home, one of the dopest experiences ever.:mjcry:

Word! :salute:
Man, that part of the listening experience is missing in music today. Going to the store, buying the album and then listening to it on the way home or your next stop
Good times. Naw, great times! :wow:

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah. I was ready to make this thread
Album is indeed brilliant. A straight up masterpiece.
Every single song on the album is on point! :ohlawd:

The mixing and mastering on that album is some of the best I've ever heard!

Word! :salute:
Man, that part of the listening experience is missing in music today. Going to the store, buying the album and then listening to it on the way home or your next stop
Good times. Naw, great times! :wow:

Man you ain't lying. That build up of anticipation, going down there and seeing the album you want on display, blasting that shyt in the ride for the first time.

Now we can listen to any album by anyone within seconds for free, which is dope but, shyt ain't special anymore.:francis:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Man you ain't lying. That build up of anticipation, going down there and seeing the album you want on display, blasting that shyt in the ride for the first time.

Now we can listen to any album by anyone within seconds for free, which is dope but, shyt ain't special anymore.:francis:

Yup. :yes:
Going to the mall, going to Tower Records/Sam Goody/Sun Coast and just spending a good 30 maybe 40 minutes in there just looking through tapes, seeing them on display, staring at the cover of the album and wondering what it sounded like, buying the album and then listening to it on the ride home (most of the time Walkman when I was w/ my mom and not hanging out w/ my sister) was all apart of the listening experience.
Nowadays we can get the music in a second but the steps to get to listening to the album are no longer there. It ain't the same. :wow:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Kinda sucks he's career never really blew up
Only time he was really popular sadly was that stupid fixxers shyt

Everyone had no idea it was Quik just though it was some new dudes but my whole HS fukked with that song lol
How you gonna shyt on Fixxers? Quik and AMG for a whole album...shyt was dope IMO, also I wouldn't really say Quik never blew up, he had a lot of good looks and he's got a lot of plaques

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Everyone knows how much I love Quik and how I think he's a genius.

I always look at this scene on YT and just admire both these cats. True musicians. Rhythmalism and Visualism never get old.

Bruh, me and my sister was just listening to El Debarge/Debarge a couple of days ago.
I still wish we could've gotten that Quik and El Debarge back in the day.