20 years ago, Rhythm-al-ism was released. 20th Anniversary of DJ Quik's Rhythm-al-ism Appreciation

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Album came out in November of 1998 to be exact, but 2018 still marks 20 years ago since it was released.
This is the album that truly made me a fan of Quik's music and where I realized how talented Quik was.
I can remember buying this album on tape at Tower Records in 98'.
My cousin called me 1 day and was like "yo, u gotta see this video w/ DJ Quik and this cat (El Debarge) who singing the on the song. shyt is nice."
Later that day when I saw the video I was instantly like "oh, this is tight!"
It was the tape that I kept in my Walkman that year.
I think I loved this album so much cause it grooved like the old school R&B music I love.
It was like Zapp with sprinkles of some of the smoothest Jazz u could think of w/ Quik and his nikkas just spitting over them beats.
Whole damn album from start 2 finish is like 1 big party
Hard to believe it's been 20 years since this album was released but it has been.
While a lot has changed since this album was released, 1 thing is for sure, it still sounds just as a great as it did in 1998.

Album is a masterpiece in my opinion.

The videos

R-343972-1365046654-4737.jpeg.jpg

81hov2Y9alL._SL1257_.jpg

@Otis Kane Jr. @King Poetic @shopthatwrecks @Flav @TheGregReaper @Bugsmoran @Michael's Black Son

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
My 2nd favorite Quik album after Safe & Sound....

The production on this shyt smooth as fukk. So many smooth laid back bangers on here. You’z a Ganxta is one of my favorite songs of all time. Then there’s So Many Ways, Hand n Hand, Whateva You Do, Thinkin Bout You. Maaaaan the whole shyt just GO :banderas:

Now I gotta bang this shyt the rest of the day :ohlawd:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
great production. i prefer the 1st album , but the production on here was his best

Yeah, the production on here was top of the notch!:wow:

My 2nd favorite Quik album after Safe & Sound....

The production on this shyt smooth as fukk. So many smooth laid back bangers on here. You’z a Ganxta is one of my favorite songs of all time. Then there’s So Many Ways, Hand n Hand, Whateva You Do, Thinkin Bout You. Maaaaan the whole shyt just GO :banderas:

Now I gotta bang this shyt the rest of the day :ohlawd:

Safe + Sound and Rhythm-al-ism are my top 2 favorite Quik albums. I listen to Rhythm-al-ism the most but both albums are perfect. :wow:

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
Yeah, the production on here was top of the notch!:wow:

Safe + Sound and Rhythm-al-ism are my top 2 favorite Quik albums. I listen to Rhythm-al-ism the most but both albums are perfect. :wow:

Maaan with Safe + Sound, this album and Balance & Options this nikka was on a serious run. The production on those 3 was just :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

And thats not to take anything away from all his other albums because all of em are solid but the 3 he put out between 95 & 2000 are just timeless, quality music.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Maaan with Safe + Sound, this album and Balance & Options this nikka was on a serious run. The production on those 3 was just :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

And thats not to take anything away from all his other albums because all of em are solid but the 3 he put out between 95 & 2000 are just timeless, quality music.

I agree. I couldn't have said it any better :salute::wow: