2 years into this generation, how has the Series X's two teraflop lead over the PS5 affected games? Are the "tools" from Microsoft ready yet?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Asking because I'm genuinely curious, the first several games in 2020 showed no major difference and even favorer the PS5 in many cases. Has the Xbox taken the lead yet?

• Haha
Reactions: Rn.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know this is all jokes, but we haven't seen the power of the PS5 from Sony either. Ratchet and clank being the closest thing graphically.
The 1st dev to probably show of the power of next gen based on what see know and have seen so far is Square with FF16.

Everything else has been cross generation or ports.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I know this is all jokes, but we haven't seen the power of the PS5 from Sony either. Ratchet and clank being the closest thing graphically.
The 1st dev to probably show of the power of next gen based on what see know and have seen so far is Square with FF16.

Everything else has been cross generation or ports.
Even so, there should be a significant difference in the cross gen ports, so where is it?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even so, there should be a significant difference in the cross gen ports, so where is it?
Possibly but it's hard to call especially on Multiplat games when

A) covid
B) "clauses"
C) More work for smaller/No return.

We still haven't seen the PS5 do or take advantage of their Hard drive like they claimed it could do. Which was much more impressive that 2 tera flops.:ehh:
You should have made a thread about that

“The game is 20 years old, but not much has changed since then. All those twisty passages are there for a reason. There’s a whole subset of level design dedicated to this world, but still, it’s a giant distraction for a team that just wants to make their game,” Cerny explained. “What if the SSD is so fast that, as the player is turning around, it’s possible to load textures for everything behind the player in that split second? If you figure that it takes half a second to turn, that’s four gigabytes of compressed data you can load.”

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Possibly but it's hard to call especially on Multiplat games when

A) covid
B) "clauses"
C) More work for smaller/No return.

We still haven't seen the PS5 do or take advantage of their Hard drive like they claimed it could do. Which was much more impressive that 2 tera flops.:ehh:
You should have made a thread about that
:dead:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Asking because I'm genuinely curious, the first several games in 2020 showed no major difference and even favorer the PS5 in many cases. Has the Xbox taken the lead yet?
Most DF videos show Series X at a higher resolution, with PS5 at a higher draw distance or LOD with comparable performance. In the end, the 12 TF is making about as much difference as the much drooled over PS5 SSD - that is to say none at all.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt ain’t hardly no games out right now so I don’t think either Console is dropping a bunch of hit games. Seems like mostly remakes the annual games and the every 6 month blockbuster. But I haven’t seen much from Xbox.