2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm not gon say its over for him because as I've said before...it took guys like Payton and Kidd a few years to really reach their potential.

I look at Zo like a QB who needs an offense crafted around him and forces him to throw a lot. Zo just doesn't have the personality to take over unless the circumstances change.

Kyrie took over (good or bad) his rookie year and didn't fear playing on a LeBron team. Mentally thought he was just as good.

Ideally tho Zo needed a few years out of the spotlight and truly just given a franchise. Somewhat like the Hawks with Trae Young. Just going out there learning on the fly and seeing what he can/can't do.

He couldn't do that his rookie year under Luke and Lakers pressure. Last year he was too content watching LeBron.

The shame is whats going on in New Orleans because as long as Jrue is there he's not going to get those chances to run the show. BI is flourishing because he's forced in the spotlight (its a good thing Zion got hurt...it allowed BI to establish himself)

Zo...might take a 3rd team unless things start changing when Zion comes back.
In an ideal world he would have benefitted from no spotlight and just played ball/got better
If you a #2 pick, you have your own show, you have your own shoe, your dad has THRUST you into the spotlight, and it is demanded that you play for the Lakers...then you better be able to make it work.

If you can't, no one giving the keys to their franchise to a point guard who makes less than half his free throws and is inefficient from every spot on the court.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Correct me if I'm wrong but no player in NBA history has avg 25p,10a on 50%fg shooting........Lebron after 19 gms: 25.7p,11.0a on 49.9% fg.

It's still early, but man, that's crazy...and he's doing it in his 17th season at 34/35 years old with over 56,000 minutes on his legs.

Daps
Shaq should've had the lakers jersey have a diesel print like kobe had a snake print on his jersey.

Also, Caruso kinda balling? Hes really growing into the PG position

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lebron is such an incredible passer. :wow:

I'm glad he's doing this in LA. The last holdouts are seeing exactly what kind of talent he is. There's absolutely no doubt left he the best non-pg passer of all time and the # of pg's ahead of him diminishes every year. At this point even Magic realizes Bron a better passer in the halfcourt than he ever was.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm assuming they'll drop one between the Denver and Utah back-to-back. If they take both of those, this team might be going for 70.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
10 straight wins for the GOAT Franchise

BogusAlarmingGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.