2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I agree with everything you said, I was just trying to break y'all out of your delusions. :manny:

I always said that BI was an elite two-way talent who could be a star. I was hottest on him out of all the young guys too, and I was right on that one as well. This ain't about B.I., this is about how poorly Kuzma's skill set (iso and volume scoring without elite shooting or distribution and downright bad defense) fits on ANY version of a title team. He should be getting 19ppg for some hopeless mediocre city.

He's a taller Clarkson :yeshrug:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
If you think Lonzo Ball was the reason the Pelicans gave up a top-10 NBA player you're a bigger idiot than you look. :laff:

BI and the #4 pick along with the other future picks were THE core of the deal with Lonzo and Hart as the filler. Not having Lonzo wouldn't kill the deal because in addition to Hart you can throw in Pat Beverly and ANOTHER 1st-round pick that you picked up in the Lonzo trade.

You're saying the Pelicans would pull the trigger with Lonzo in the deal but wouldn't pull on Pat Beverly and an extra 1st-rounder, even if that meant giving up their chance at BI and the other 4 picks?

I didn't say no one shytted on Kuz. I said that when I suggested that Kuz, KCP, and Lonzo were all best destined for trade bait, I had a LOT of fools saying we needed to see how they fit as if we hadn't already had 1-2 years to learn their game.

You misread my post, I NEVER said to trade Kuz for an expiring. I never suggested any specific trade for Kuz at all, I just said the Lakers should mention he was available and see what they might get. The AD trade is a perfect example of something they could get.

Lonzo was the one I said could be traded for Beverly and a 1st-rounder, not Kuz. That would have given them more cap space/flexibility AND an excellent 3-and-D who could start on a championship team for very cheap AND an extra pick and/or Beverly himself to dangle in trades. And all you were giving up is :trash: Lonzo, not Kuz.

Would the Clippers have taken Lonzo? I doubt it. At that point we thought they were rebuilding and not reloading so I was just suggesting that Beverly was older than what they wanted, but I was mostly just teasing LWO about their outsized perception of Lonzo's value. If Lonzo was half as good as some of LWO was suggesting at that point then of course the Clippers (if they were rebuilding) would have bit on that shyt in a hot minute.

The main point was at that point in time, Pat Beverly (who would have taken the role Bradley has now) was clearly a better fit for the Lakers, clearly was more playoff ready than Lonzo, and also would have opened up more cap space for free agents. And getting a 1st-round pick in addition was just to maintain trade assets at the same time.

And regardless of hypothetical trade scenarios that no on could know the details of at the time, I was right that Pat Bev was a better fit in the roster than Lonzo, that Lonzo should be trade bait, that Kuz didn't fit on a championship roster and should be trade bait, that KCP should be traded, and that the picks should be traded. No one can quote shyt I said in the thread last year that hasn't looked accurate in retrospect, which is why it's clownish as fukk that I got banned SOLELY for saying Kuz and Lonzo should be traded and some posters felt threatened by my presence and didn't think this was a safe space anymore. :yeshrug:

we might win 65+ games and still have to endure this bullshyt all season brehs :snoop:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I agree with everything you said, I was just trying to break y'all out of your delusions. :manny:

I always said that BI was an elite two-way talent who could be a star. I was hottest on him out of all the young guys too, and I was right on that one as well. This ain't about B.I., this is about how poorly Kuzma's skill set (iso and volume scoring without elite shooting or distribution and downright bad defense) fits on ANY version of a title team. He should be getting 19ppg for some hopeless mediocre city.

Delusions? nikka you started this whole bullshyt discussion by claiming LWO favored Kuz over BI and that you were some genius and we "came around" to your opinions :hhh: smh

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Could have given that 8 mil extra to Seth Curry who is a sniper from 3.

You can't help your boy if its hurting your team.

JJ Redikk, Seth Curry....REAL SHOOTERS out there to make life easier for you and you're doing your boy a solid again. Its crazy.

Lakers were due for a loss, but damn its hard to make up 8 mill.

Can't believe ten of y'all dapped this shyt. Seth signed with Dallas a week before Kawhi signed with the Clippers. Lakers couldn't have him cause they were holding that space open for Kawhi. They only signed KCP after they lost out on Leonard. Signing Seth instead of KCP was literally impossible.

Redikk signed for $12.3 million and he would be 36 years old for the Finals. Not saying it's impossible to make the argument, but you wouldn't just give up KCP, you'd be giving up him and 2 others as well.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Delusions? nikka you started this whole bullshyt discussion by claiming LWO favored Kuz over BI and that you were some genius and we "came around" to your opinions :hhh: smh

Third time you've lied in the last hour. I didn't say LWO favored Kuz over BI.

we might win 65+ games and still have to endure this bullshyt all season brehs :snoop:
If you want to argue continuously claiming I said shyt that I didn't say even after I TOLD you I didn't say it, that's on you, not me. :why:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps

:scust:

this muhfukka writing titangraphs about how right he was about hypothetical trades he admits would never happen for players that fit better for playoff runs that never happened in the first goddamn place, involving players that netted us Anthony fukking Davis :snoop:

If we can’t ban this muhfukka out the thread, does a feature exist to put posters on thread-specific ignore?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Third time you've lied in the last hour. I didn't say LWO favored Kuz over BI.

If you want to argue continuously claiming I said shyt that I didn't say even after I TOLD you I didn't say it, that's on you, not me. :why:

im not lying about shyt

13 months ago I said Kuzma needed to be dangled as trade bait because he was a bad fit and BI was the keeper and a LOT of LWO brehs were shytting on me.

thats what you said....BI was the keeper, Kuz should go and "a LOT" of LWO brehs shytted on you apparently. FOH

Status
Not open for further replies.