2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
He was still a very good 3-and-D for the Rockets in the regular season in 2018, they just had him playing 35 min/game after giving him 38 min/game the year before and he was too old for that so he crashed. Look at his splits he was hitting everything until March, that's just 18 months ago. Last year was bad but he was also on shytty teams. If the Lakers keep him at 15 or so minutes and he has something to play for again...you don't think there's any chance he could be the 3-and-D forward they need? He's younger than Iggy.

If you could choose between 2018 Ariza and 2019 KCP, you'd take Ariza in a heartbeat, right? So if the Kings will give you Ariza for KCP + someone who ain't getting playing time....the Lakers at least spend some time thinking about that, right?
The post was about Kuz, I would trade him for KCP simply because of height. But I wouldn't give up anything of value for him. He hasn't been good for 3 teams now since the Rockets. You can excuse the defense because no point in playing defense for bad teams but his 3 point shot has been bad as well. Iggy has proven including in the finals, that he can guard Kawhi/etc. Plus we have to wait and see who is available in the buyout market. If Troy Daniels continues to shoot bad, it will be easy to cut him and sign a bigger wing.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm shock. How did you guys pull that off? :dwillhuh:
The Dwight smear campaign that the media and twitter was pushing helped out, and Pelinka took advantage of it. If you looked at just his play purely these last three seasons he was still playing great defense an being a number 1 or 2 option in the offense when healthy.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The Dwight smear campaign that the media and twitter was pushing helped out, and Pelinka took advantage of it. If you looked at just his play purely these last three seasons he was still playing great defense an being a number 1 or 2 option in the offense when healthy.

i think he was a locker room cancer, he said it himself he's a new guy now he just got humbled that's all

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i think he was a locker room cancer, he said it himself he's a new guy now he just got humbled that's all
He was doing alright in that regard too. It wasn't his fault those Atlanta and Charlotte teams were bad.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
he needs load management on Thursday imo. Itll give him 5 days off
U mean Friday and :whoa:

That Heat game would be a loss. If anything rest him Tuesday against the Bulls.

I still think if they just limit him to 30 mins on Tuesday (if that) he should be ok. Just can't play him 35+ mins or he'll settle down the stretch.

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When it’s a close game with 5 minutes left in the 4th ...that AD and lebron two man game is a cheat code. Don’t even need to run any other sets just let the defense pick their poison. :wow:

I think Dwight is just getting into game shape, he didn’t play all of last season. Dude is a monster playing his role :picard:

Bron should either definitely sit on Tuesday or not play more than 25 minutes, let Kuz play more and get back in rhythm.

It was great to see AD putting the clamps on LMA. Aldridge been roasting the lakers the past 3 seasons, he couldn’t do anything tonight.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Nah, it gotta be Iggy. Lakers got no one strong enough to guard Kawhi for a series.

You sure about that?

Let's start with this. Bron not gonna guard Kawhi for full games, but if Bron is playing the way he looks the first two weeks defensively, yes, he can take Kawhi in crucial clutch 4thQ moments...

While we at it, let's just mention again that while Giannis clearly got exposed, it's not like Kawhi was defending him all game long either. The Raptira had great help D and Kawhi took him 1v1 a few times in clutch moments and won that battle, but he wasn't man up on Giannis the whole game of any game that series....

So the statement you made can easily be reversed:

LeBron appears to be heating up and playing himself back into pre-injury GOAT mode on offense, and he's playing the best defense he's played in 5-6 years (so far). Who on the Clippers is strong enough to guard him for a whole series if his play continues to ascend back to where it was?

•please don't say Paul George, there's literally a shytload of evidence from multiple years and multiple series of LeBron doing PG dirty, as recently as '18 playoffs. If the old Bron is back, PG need a battery in his back, he does not want that issue...

•you can say Kawhi, but Kawhi hasn't had to defend LeBron for a series while also being a team's primary offensive threat. It's never happened. It'll be interesting to see Kawhi defend Bron with the responsibility of being a #1 on the other end too, but it's not gonna happen because they gonna switch him and PG and Trez on Bron, and again, he didn't even check Giannis 1v1 outside of crunch time last year...

He not checking Bron unless its crunch time 1v1, and I have my doubts, that if the LeBron I think is on the way back, Kawhi not doing shyt to that/this version of Bron that he did to Giannis...

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
You sure about that?

Let's start with this. Bron not gonna guard Kawhi for full games, but if Bron is playing the way he looks the first two weeks defensively, yes, he can take Kawhi in crucial clutch 4thQ moments...

While we at it, let's just mention again that while Giannis clearly got exposed, it's not like Kawhi was defending him all game long either. The Raptira had great help D and Kawhi took him 1v1 a few times in clutch moments and won that battle, but he wasn't man up on Giannis the whole game of any game that series....

So the statement you made can easily be reversed:

LeBron appears to be heating up and playing himself back into pre-injury GOAT mode on offense, and he's playing the best defense he's played in 5-6 years (so far). Who on the Clippers is strong enough to guard him for a whole series if his play continues to ascend back to where it was?

•please don't say Paul George, there's literally a shytload of evidence from multiple years and multiple series of LeBron doing PG dirty, as recently as '18 playoffs. If the old Bron is back, PG need a battery in his back, he does not want that issue...

•you can say Kawhi, but Kawhi hasn't had to defend LeBron for a series while also being a team's primary offensive threat. It's never happened. It'll be interesting to see Kawhi defend Bron with the responsibility of being a #1 on the other end too, but it's not gonna happen because they gonna switch him and PG and Trez on Bron, and again, he didn't even check Giannis 1v1 outside of crunch time last year...

He not checking Bron unless its crunch time 1v1, and I have my doubts, that if the LeBron I think is on the way back, Kawhi not doing shyt to that/this version of Bron that he did to Giannis...

bron doesnt wanna guard him man

Status
Not open for further replies.