2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
It wouldve been very difficult if Green werent included since Kuz contract is so cheap (1.9m). You would have to trade Kuz (1.9), KCP (8m) and either Bradley or McGee plus either cook or at a minimum just to match. and thats assuming KCP waives his no-trade clause. The knicks had already planned to take on Green's contract and to flip it immediately
Kuzma/Cooks/TD/Bradley works

Kuzma/Cooks/TD/Cousins works

you didn't need to add KCP or any of the guys with no trade clauses, Lakers just didn't want to trade Kuzma..its time to stop making excuses. I will take Morris over Avery Bradley any day.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

you didn't need to add KCP or any of the guys with no trade clauses, Lakers just didn't want to trade Kuzma..its time to stop making excuses. I will take Morris over Avery Bradley any day.

everyone is saying the knicks wanted danny green in the deal is anyone reporting what the full potential deal would've been besides kuzma

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I dont think any of those work. Morris making 15 mil. Green was by all intents and purposes a necessary party to avoid getting messy with 3/4 teams, and we simply dont have the assets to make it work

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
everyone is saying the knicks wanted danny green in the deal is anyone reporting what the full potential deal would've been besides kuzma
Adding Danny Green is speculation since there are other ways we could have made the trade. Unless there is an official report that Knicks wanted both, I am not entertaining it. The only thing that has been reported is Lakers were not trading Kuzma at all.

I dont think any of those work. Morris making 15 mil. Green was by all intents and purposes a necessary party to avoid getting messy with 3/4 teams, and we simply dont have the assets to make it work

That tweet was pure speculation, saying it would take Danny Green to work is not true. It works other ways

There has not been one report that they wanted Green + Kuzma.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Adding Danny Green is speculation since there are other ways we could have made the trade. Unless there is an official report that Knicks wanted both, I am not entertaining it. The only thing that has been reported is Lakers were not trading Kuzma at all.

That tweet was pure speculation, saying it would take Danny Green to work is not true. It works other ways

There has not been one report that they wanted Green + Kuzma.

got you....guess we'll find out more as the day goes on

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
The most frustrating thing about it all is Clippers biggest strength is our biggest weakness and Clippers just got much stronger in that department

Edit: They're waving IT, probably guessing are getting Collison

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Salaries could have been matched without Green, there is no report that said they wanted both.

Lakers lost out on every wing defender that was on the market while Clippers added another solid wing player. KCP and Bradley can't defend their big wings
I know some of you guys like @GreatestLaker think I'm too bullish on this team, but other squads have to match up with the Lakers as well. It's gonna come down to how well Danny Green defends Paul George and how LeBron defends Kawhi but they have to defend Anthony Davis and the Clips still don't have anybody for that. Definitely not Marcus Morris.

Over the course of seven games, I still think that should tilt a series in the Lakers' favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.