2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The bipolar thinking that goes on here:dwillhuh:

All these games dont matter and arent an indication of anything. The total wins is all that matters. They can go 0-4 against any team and reverse that in the post season. There are a lot of minutes to be played and trying to think yourself into a psychological preview of the post season is pointless.
I get that reasoning to an extent, but AD doesn't have championship experience and Bron started off defending and is now seeming to fall back to habits of the past few seasons. (I haven't checked numbers, just going on the eye test) I get it, he wont ever be the defender he was in his prime but there are only 10-12 games on the season that require him to defend at a high level (Mil, Clips, Boston, Toronto, Mia., Philly) and he hasn't seemed to take on the challenge so far. I think elite teams are way too comfortable on the perimeter against LA.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bipolar thinking that goes on here:dwillhuh:

All these games dont matter and arent an indication of anything. The total wins is all that matters. They can go 0-4 against any team and reverse that in the post season. There are a lot of minutes to be played and trying to think yourself into a psychological preview of the post season is pointless.

This all could be meaningless and they could reverse these losses in the postseason but they could also be warning signs of why we lost in the post season as well. Thinking this team that got together just like that and can just flip a switch in the postseason like we're the Warriors is naive.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
If we getting destroyed by the Bucks and Celtics in our home games against them then I would start to worry. Let’s see how we respond the next time they play them.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
This all could be meaningless and they could reverse these losses in the postseason but they could also be warning signs of why we lost in the post season as well. Thinking this team that got together just like that and can just flip a switch in the postseason like we're the Warriors is naive.
Watch the following series 2017 ECF, 2016 ECF, 2016 Finals, 2015 ECF, 2014 ECF, 2017 WCF, 2018 WCF etc and the related regular season games. The post season is a totally different game. The regular season just builds reselience but a game of chess is what the post season will be and the Lakers have the personnell to get it done. I concede that a change or two will make it more certain but it should still get done

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I can see them dropping a game or two in the first round tbh

:yeshrug: shyt look at some of our past title runs, 2009 Rockets took us to 7 games in the 2nd round and we are hitting on all cylinders that year. 2010 we got taken to 6 games by OKC in the 1st round. Title runs have never been easy except for 2001

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm just saying man, if the trend is scoring wings and you add another wing scorer to the Pels, they could be a problem. Zion will have fresh legs and BI has proven he can score on anyone.
:manny: They are playing great ball right now and might push for that 8 seed. They may even be extra motivated after that "Y'all still think we gave up too much? :mjlol:" snap.
All of that motivation MIGHT get the Pels one win, after the Lakers are already up 3-0 lol.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who do y'all want to see at the 8th seed?

Its looking like it will come down to:

Grizzlies
Spurs
Blazers
Pelicans

I don't think the Suns have a chance

Blazers if they get Nurkic back can be tough.
The Lakers easily sweep all of those teams. Its literally only the Clippers and Bucks who will even be competitive against the Lakers in the playoffs.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh is a legit carbon copy of Clarkson. Enjoy these dates cuz Detroit women ain’t looking like that

My biggest issue with Clarkson was how he never passed and all he did was shoot and had tunnel vision. Ironically, that's the type of player we need right now. At least you could count on Clarkson to get to the rim, Kuz right now doesn't have a redeeming quality that he can do every game. I still hate Clarkson but my gripe with him had a lot to do with his refusal to pass to the young core. I would probably fw him if he was a Laker right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.