[2/15/23] AEW Dynamite: We hear from MJF/Wardlow/Adam Cole; Moxley, Rush, Mark Briscoe, Jungle Boy, Hangman, OC, Acclaimed, Double GOAT, etc in action

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I mean personally I don’t really care about the story stuff but I know I’m not in the majority there. As long as the matches deliver I am plenty satisfied.

At some point they have to build the background for matches at the event and get people in the door/buying the PPV. Can't just rely on matches all the time.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
At some point they have to build the background for matches at the event and get people in the door/buying the PPV. Can't just rely on matches all the time.
And I think that is where it can help the product overall for the general audience when the match’s don’t deliver, like last night.

If you have some good story behind them (or they are the start of a story), then people can at least somewhat look past the mediocrity in the ring.

But if the match is mediocre or worse and it’s just a random match then you have nothing to fall back on.

Like with Bray Wyatt. Matches almost always completely awful but you have the story behind it people generally like so they can give the shytty matches a pass.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
As someone who only watches AEW, I assure you, ppl saying this show was bad arent on any bullshyt. shyt was trash. Random matches, bad storytelling, especially leading up to a PPV, lotta stuff feels aimless. Ruby still undecided on who to join. Mox and Hangman still going, now adding DO/BCC, seems they doing this feud backwards.
I guess you ain’t really watching because this has been the theme Since last year :heh:

I’ll watch a regular show like Breaking Bad or Sopranos if I want good storytelling. Wrasslin is just Wrasslin to me, and after the years the E put out (mostly) meh a product, this shyt doesn’t irritate me like before. :ld:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I guess you ain’t really watching because this has been the theme Since last year :heh:
They were better at the start of this year

I’ll watch a regular show like Breaking Bad or Sopranos if I want good storytelling. Wrasslin is just Wrasslin to me, and after the years the E put out (mostly) meh a product, this shyt doesn’t irritate me like before. :ld:
Just because you dont care about storytelling and you let WWE set a low bar for you doesnt mean I have to abide by the same bar :manny:

Also as stated earlier, when they had random ass matches with no story, the matches were at least good. This show really didnt have any of that.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
They were better at the start of this year

Just because you dont care about storytelling and you let WWE set a low bar for you doesnt mean I have to abide by the same bar :manny:

Also as stated earlier, when they had random ass matches with no story, the matches were at least good. This show really didnt have any of that.
Who said I was trying to “force” my expectations on you? I’m just telling my POV. And I never said I don’t care about storytelling. Of course a good story is gonna enhance the investment in a match, but I came up with the indies and random matches are normal to me.

Every match, or show, isn’t gonna deliver, Simple as that. Whether this one did or didn’t doesn’t matter to me; I’m just pointing out a common theme I’ve seen on here.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Konnan talkes shyt about Takeshyta paying tribute to Eddie

Ppl got on Konnan's head about it and he walked it back talking about he was joking :skip:

:mjlol:Konnan was the one talking physical, "Lucky I wasnt in El Paso". Konnan also isnt Mexican, he is Cuban.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The line AEW stans are putting out that they don't want AEW to be WWE lite like story based booking is just some Vince McMahon invention when it's been the bedrock of American wrestling since the beginning....whether it's mid south, JCP, Memphis, WCW, ECW.

But ya'll enjoy your PWG with a budget :hubie:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The line AEW stans are putting out that they don't want AEW to be WWE lite like story based booking is just some Vince McMahon invention when it's been the bedrock of American wrestling since the beginning....whether it's mid south, JCP, Memphis, WCW, ECW.

But ya'll enjoy your PWG with a budget :hubie:
Story based wrestling/good characters is what pushes your product to the next level. Cool you got a bunch wrestlers that can put on 5 star matches, that only means something to a small number of wrestling fans. Majority of ppl like characters/stories they can get behind :manny:

Cody tried to tell Khan, that was the way to do it :francis:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Story based wrestling/good characters is what pushes your product to the next level. Cool you got a bunch wrestlers that can put on 5 star matches, that only means something to a small number of wrestling fans. Majority of ppl like characters/stories they can get behind :manny:

Cody tried to tell Khan, that was the way to do it :francis:
I think that's my issue with AEW lately. They're putting on good matches, but there's no story to reel me in. Then you have moxley who is bleeding every week for no reason. He is just cheapening the use of blood in AEW and making something that should be saved for special feuds as a regular thing. I like the wrestling for the most part, but I think Tony needs to take a backseat and get some writers

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I wasn't able to watch the show live last night because I had to be in Birmingham for work. Expect a lot of late daps and replies.

Of course Mox got a shirt on that says blood is beautiful...
Mox a piru?
I know he hit it on Sanjay who really doesn't wrestle much anymore but that's a whack tag finisher...
This may be a similar situation with what happened to the Hardy Boyz. Their tag finisher was originally Event Omega, but the Swanton Bomb became very over, so they switched their finisher to the Swanton/Twist of Fate combo.

The Acclaimed might start to use Shiver me Scissors as their finisher if it gets more over than the Arrival/Mic drop combo