1993 = The Overall Best Year For Modern Urban Music

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:mindblown:

:ohmy: @ some of the names that didn't even get mentioned yet. huge household names.

and we 16 pages deep and a lot of NAME-names didn't get dropped yet.

that's how deep this year was.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
BOBBY & WHITNEY = THE GOAT CELEBRITY COUPLE.

BEFORE AND BETTER THAN WILL & JADA, AND BEYONCE & THE CAMEL.

we talk about the chronic droppin at the end of '92, but on the other side of town, so did the bodyguard movie & soundtrack. whitney sold at least 45 million worldwide copies. 17 million in the usa. one of the highest-selling albums ever, and the 1st album to scan over a millie 1st week by the Nielsen system.:whew:

I COULDNT STAND WHITNEY BACK THEN THO. she was like the villain at the end of a video game that you had to beat. that's how I looked at her when I watched coundtowns and such.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
@bigbadbossup2012

LOL @ MICHAEL JACKSON HOBBLING AROUND ON CRUTCHES AND A WHEEL-CHAIR.

HE EVEN PERFORMED IN THE 2ND LINK. GOTTA RESPECT IT, EVEN THO THEY WERE JUST GIVING HIM A BUNCH OF AWARDS JUST OFF G.P. THAT NIGHT.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This is actually fukked-up. These chicks were pretty damned good, like Nuttin' Nyce, but 3 years after this album dropped, one of them was killed execution-style. The one you hear rhyming was 'Lo' and she died in '96.....

And here's a track they did with the 'Liks......:krs:

:lupe:

looks like r.kelly swiped ALOT of their look and singing-style, and gave it to aalyiah.

btw, that alkoholiks track is piff.

thanks for putting me up on them.

ryshy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
newwave
i was just thinkin bout makin a thread about 36 chambers bein the most versatile hip hop album ever

u can play that shyt while workin out, doin HW, walkin to class, or chillin alone/with others. U could probably play it while fukkin too

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i was just thinkin bout makin a thread about 36 chambers bein the most versatile hip hop album ever

u can play that shyt while workin out, doin HW, walkin to class, or chillin alone/with others. U could probably play it while fukkin too

nah. not even amongst the most versatile albums for that year, imo. especially seeing that a lot of '80s cats were still big. they embody versatility.

36 chambers was not good for clubs, parties, bbqs or social gatherings that involve females.

somebody like me can play it when f*ckin cuz I like to play some raw rap sometimes when Im knockin something down. but for the general public? nah.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

how do you feel about doggystyle?

edit: NO HOMO
:whoa:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
TONI BRAXTON WAS HUGE.

went darn near diamond, won all sorts of those awards that some of you luv on here. won like 3 grammys off this album.