1993 = The Overall Best Year For Modern Urban Music

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
REAL SPIT, to this day, I still maintain that intro's "ribbon in the sky" was the better stevie wonder cover. better than jodeci's "lately". BOTH VERSIONS. the live version and the video version.

yea, I said it. yall forgot that there was a video version of the jodeci joint? somebody posted the live one earlier. intro's joint was better than both.

im not saying that theyre better performers than jodeci tho, before somebody gets its confused.

Last edited:

Dettol

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Intros debut album is criminally underrated. Portraits album (though it's from 1992) is also underrated too, but to a lesser extent.

Dettol

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
REAL SPIT, to this day, I still maintain that intro's "ribbon in the sky" was the better stevie wonder cover. better than jodeci's "lately". BOTH VERSIONS. the live version and the video version.

yea, I said it. yall forgot that there was a video version of the jodeci joint? somebody posted the live one earlier. intro's joint was better than both.

im not saying that theyre better performers than jodeci tho, before somebody gets its confused.

I have to agree. I had a debate about who covered Stevie better earlier this year. Intro rightfully did. Though Jodeci did a good job too.

Around this time (1992-1993) the black and white videos came back in style more than before:

Mary J - Love No Limit
Christopher Williams - All I See
Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song
Mint Condition - U Send Me Swingin' (most of the video)
Jodeci - Lately
etc.
I know I'm forgetting a few others...

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I have to agree. I had a debate about who covered Stevie better earlier this year. Intro rightfully did. Though Jodeci did a good job too.

Around this time (1992-1993) the black and white videos came back in style more than before:

Mary J - Love No Limit
Christopher Williams - All I See
Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song
Mint Condition - U Send Me Swingin' (most of the video)
Jodeci - Lately
etc.
I know I'm forgetting a few others...

a lot of black-n-whites on the rap side too: pharcyde, boss, wutang, MOP, etc.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Although it was '94, I always liked YN-Vee's version of I'm Going Down better than Mary's ... since we were talking about cover's ..... Now back on topic..

Dettol

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1993 four major league sports championship winners:
-bulls
-blue jays
-cowboys (michael jackson halftime show)
-canadiens

can't get mad at any of that. :yes: