1940s-1970s Black American Life (PICS)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The diffrence is we did not allow the shytty people to be the repessntive of us. Around the 70's when a lot of this changed. The white media learned a lot of new propaganda tricks.

That is true. The reason why I am so hard on black folk today is because they settled to be ratchet and ghetto, thinking that it is normal. How you not like seeing black people striving for Black Excellence?
And ppl wonder why us "c00ns" are critical of our people today:beli:

Blacks are more divided now than ever. But ol Buckeye F.......... @100 others is the problem

Look at the media images. How is Neil Drgrasse Tyson not the inspiration for black youth, but people worship Gucci Mane like he is God?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
The diffrence is we did not allow the shytty people to be the repessntive of us. Around the 70's when a lot of this changed. The white media learned a lot of new propaganda tricks.

That is true. The reason why I am so hard on black folk today is because they settled to be ratchet and ghetto, thinking that it is normal. How you not like seeing black people striving for Black Excellence?

Blacks are more divided now than ever. But ol Buckeye F.......... @100 others is the problem

Look at the media images. How is Neil Drgrasse Tyson not the inspiration for black youth, but people worship Gucci Mane like he is God?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Poverty is very hard to escape. In my city, the average rent for a public housing unit is $400 and typically a 2 bedroom place. The average fair market rent for a 2 bedroom is about $950. You combine that with lack of jobs, education, family and opportunities and it's not difficult to see why people live in the projects for years.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot of revisionist nonsense getting thrown around in here but i guess black and white pictures have the tendency to make everything look so dignified. for one everyone dressed that way then it was the main style and we were following it just as we follow the popular styles nowadays. if you look at some of those pictures closely you can see much more garbage and grime in the background than in some of the worst hood nowadays. and if we were so united and upstanding how can just a few decades destroy all of that? the fact is were much more uneducated and there were a lot of problems just below the surface and when things changed economically in the 70's and 80's we were not equipped to deal with those changes.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
oops lol
Poverty is very hard to escape. In my city, the average rent for a public housing unit is $400 and typically a 2 bedroom place. The average fair market rent for a 2 bedroom is about $950. You combine that with lack of jobs, education, family and opportunities and it's not difficult to see why people live in the projects for years.

Its generations of that shyt that makes me :wtf: . Especially now how people lack dignity on how they look like and how they treat other people. Forget about the music and the media that wants us to stay stagnated and ignorant.

Trillion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2qd0v0g.jpg
]

2aik1sz.jpg

Are thy stuntin on nikkas ?