1926 News Article About Progress Of Blacks Since End Of Slavery

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Right.

Depression, a couple recessions, unprecedented wealth inequality, oppressive government policy all have nothing to do with it.

It was integration that did it:francis:

Not to mention that wealth for the entire country doubled during that time and has not seen that type of growth since.

None of that matters though. It was the c00ns begging to live near white folks.

Crazy how many people came in to cosign this dumb shyt :smh:

Black Wall street did fine during the "economic downturns"

:mjgrin:

And to the brother that said I neeed history lessons because the Asian community was under attack please detail the government's structured syops like black codes, Jim Crow, and Cointel Pro (the original cointel not the current that lists all anti American groups as threats)

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black Wall street did fine during the "economic downturns"

:mjgrin:

And to the brother that said I neeed history lessons because the Asian community was under attack please detail the government's structured syops like black codes, Jim Crow, and Cointel Pro (the original cointel not the current that lists all anti American groups as threats)
"Black Wall Street" didn't exist after 1922.
And I didn't say the Asian community was under attack, reading comprehension is an important skill to foster and learn, what I pointed out was the difference between AA and Asian-Americans, the "immigration experience" and the subsequent flood of educated immigrants to the US.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
People will continue to believe that integration was a benefit when we left our home base for dead. All we can do is rebuild our community ourselves and those who will have an "awakening" will at some point....and some will never have that epiphany. It is what it is.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Right.

Depression, a couple recessions, unprecedented wealth inequality, oppressive government policy all have nothing to do with it.

It was integration that did it:francis:

Not to mention that wealth for the entire country doubled during that time and has not seen that type of growth since.

None of that matters though. It was the c00ns begging to live near white folks.

Crazy how many people came in to cosign this dumb shyt :smh:

That is true. When white society get a cold black society get pneumonia. Our economic problems are deeper than integration. Not to mention Reagonomics,massive wealth inequality, stagnant wages,globalization,right wing austerity plans that hurt black people the most.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
:mjlol: @ people blaming integration and not two economic downturns, a change in the economic structure of the country, globalization, and two new sectors of the economy that blacks were almost not a part of at all :russ:

What two new sectors of the economy you are talking about? The tech sector? And what is other. Also what economic policies you think can take us out of this economic stagnantion we are in? Reparations? Raise the minimum wage? Free college? Good paying green energy jobs? More resources into public schools in black neighborhoods? It seems this is a complex issues that needs complex solutions.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What two new sectors of the economy you are talking about? The tech sector? And what is other. Also what economic policies you think can take us out of this economic stagnantion we are in? Reparations? Raise the minimum wage? Free college? Good paying green energy jobs? More resources into public schools in black neighborhoods? It seems this is a complex issues that needs complex solutions.
The energy sector and the tech sector.
And there aren't any policies that could take us out.
Raising the minimum wage, free college, reparations with a given economic plan tailored to each individual, removal of school funding based on property value policies, a greater push for home ownership in Black communities, etc would all do a lot to help the situation, but wouldn't solve it.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
The article shows the power that Black people can possess when we come together, but also keep in mind most of that money came from farming which was essentially wiped out after the dust bowl, also Whites had started to monopolize manufacturing and industrial jobs in the post WWII era which led to the boom in the white middle class, which blocked out Blacks.

Yeah what sucks is mechanization of agriculture occurred too so even people who didn't want to migrate, often had to. One bytch of a perfect storm.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
"Black Wall Street" didn't exist after 1922.
And I didn't say the Asian community was under attack, reading comprehension is an important skill to foster and learn, what I pointed out was the difference between AA and Asian-Americans, the "immigration experience" and the subsequent flood of educated immigrants to the US.

Not to be a cat amongst pigeons, but though I love the example of Tulsa and its economic progress, people should know why its success was not widely (i.e. across the USA) replicated by Black folks. The original wealth (though it was grown with entrepreneurship) for the Tulsa Blacks was royalties for oil exploration and drilling on lands owned by Black farmers/ranchers in the region. Not that this is wrong, but Black Tulsa was essentially what Houston is today. A vibrant economic hub built off of the efficient investment of natural resource wealth. Most places Blacks lived didn't have this which is why there were not as many spectacular examples though places like Harlem, Chicago's South Side, and Auburn in Atlanta had their own wealth.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
anybody have a chart that shows black business ownership/creation over the last 100 years?

I'm coming up short on google right now

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
42:57....

listen carefully :mjcry:

:wow:
The article shows the power that Black people can possess when we come together, but also keep in mind most of that money came from farming which was essentially wiped out after the dust bowl, also Whites had started to monopolize manufacturing and industrial jobs in the post WWII era which led to the boom in the white middle class, which blocked out Blacks.

Black folk were eating off that too though...there were times when black folk would come up from the South to the North and outhustle and outcompete whites in those industries.

And there was continued and greater economic growth for black folk post ww2 (1940-1960) than anytime during the early 1900's.

If i'm correct, more blacks rose out of poverty, entered the middle class, and became homeowners from 1940-60 than anytime in American history.