1925-2025 New York Giants Thread: 100 Years in the making

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Sounds like they're all in on bringing back Danny Dimes, and they’re going to be cheap with Saquon :francis:
And that would be a mistake Danny isn't a franchise level talent :francis:

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They don’t realize how Barkley makes the game easy for Jones. Yea Jones doesn’t have great weapons but Barkley draws so much attention. It allows Jones to do his runs on play fakes to Barkley. He makes this offense go.

A lot of these Jones truthers are in for a rude awakening next season if they let Barkley go. :francis: He had good games against the Colts and The Vikings and some of them are saying he’s a top 10 QB:wtf:

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I have to trust what Daboll and Schoen see day in and day out over my own feelings.

I’m not the biggest Jones fan either.
I wanted Haskins (RIP) over him.
I don’t want us to throw the bag at him to resign him but he’s done enough with this new staff, new offense, etc. to be given another chance to run the offense with players our coaches and GM can put around him.

Look at our WR, TE core this year? Richie James? Isiah Hodgkins? Darius Slayton leading the league in drops? Yes Saquon bouncing back was HUGE for us but we are giving up on someone who in only one season with real coaching and very few weapons, did well enough to get us a playoff birth and was key down the stretch to getting there.

I’m all for moving on from DJ but for who? I need names before I give up on someone who worked his ass off and took a beating for 4 years with us :manny:

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
They don’t realize how Barkley makes the game easy for Jones. Yea Jones doesn’t have great weapons but Barkley draws so much attention. It allows Jones to do his runs on play fakes to Barkley. He makes this offense go.

A lot of these Jones truthers are in for a rude awakening next season if they let Barkley go. :francis: He had good games against the Colts and The Vikings and some of them are saying he’s a top 10 QB:wtf:
He’s not top 10 and Saquon would help anyone so yes he helped a ton but Saquon himself loves DJ and speaks to his work ethic and leadership.

So I’ll ask…fine let him go. What’s the next option for us? Who do we sign realistically that will take us to the next level? I’m all ears

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If they resign Jones only to let Saquon go.... front office and coaching staff are in for a rude awakening
When your team has barely any playmakers you don't let go of the only one you have. And I don't wanna hear about how RB production can be replaced. Saquon is a top 5 RB and is a home run hitter. That's not easily replaced at all. Bills still can't find a RB worth a fukk and they've been trying for years.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I have to trust what Daboll and Schoen see day in and day out over my own feelings.

I’m not the biggest Jones fan either.
I wanted Haskins (RIP) over him.
I don’t want us to throw the bag at him to resign him but he’s done enough with this new staff, new offense, etc. to be given another chance to run the offense with players our coaches and GM can put around him.

Look at our WR, TE core this year? Richie James? Isiah Hodgkins? Darius Slayton leading the league in drops? Yes Saquon bouncing back was HUGE for us but we are giving up on someone who in only one season with real coaching and very few weapons, did well enough to get us a playoff birth and was key down the stretch to getting there.

I’m all for moving on from DJ but for who? I need names before I give up on someone who worked his ass off and took a beating for 4 years with us :manny:
I just need it to be a flexible contract this team needs help everywhere and we can't have all the money in an ok QB. If Daboll n them can convince him to take some type of cut then I'll live with it :hubie:Danny ultimately isn't in that Pat, Burrow, tier:hubie:

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I just need it to be a flexible contract this team needs help everywhere and we can't have all the money in an ok QB. If Daboll n them can convince him to take some type of cut then I'll live with it :hubie:Danny ultimately isn't in that Pat, Burrow, tier:hubie:
Agree 100% and I don’t think anyone is foolish enough to believe he’s in that tier or a QB you mortgage your future on and not allow yourself any flexibility to get better in other aspects of the team.

Again this was Year 1 of the rebuild with new GM, Coach and staff and it was above and beyond our expectations. I’m gonna have faith and trust them until they prove me wrong. They deserve that much right now.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If they resign Jones only to let Saquon go.... front office and coaching staff are in for a rude awakening
When your team has barely any playmakers you don't let go of the only one you have. And I don't wanna hear about how RB production can be replaced. Saquon is a top 5 RB and is a home run hitter. That's not easily replaced at all. Bills still can't find a RB worth a fukk and they've been trying for years.
I think we have to trust them based on what they’ve built in Buffalo and what they see here. They knocked Year 1 out of the park as far as our expectations go. Right now my preference is clearly to sign Saquon he’s earned another contract with us BUT if they can’t come to terms and replace him while adding weapons and strengthening areas of need with that money, it’s hard for me to argue with it if we continue our upward trajectory.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
It kills me when people are talking about Jones like he's some young pup. Dude is a 25 and played 4 years in college. He's been a 1 read qb his whole football career.

If 15 tds & 3200 yards is the best he's ever given us in 4 years, you don't sign him long term :francis:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
What do y’all think about the reports that Jones is looking for 45 mill a year? I think the Giants would be crazy to acquiesce to that but that’s just me.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
What do y’all think about the reports that Jones is looking for 45 mill a year? I think the Giants would be crazy to acquiesce to that but that’s just me.
Been hearing the rumblings just look in the draft cause hell nah too many questions still about him. This team needs weapons the money can't all go to a QB who isn't even showing HOF possibilities :snoop:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Transition tag him. Nobody will pay and give 2 first rounders for him and you can pay him 29 million. If he plays well again then you feel more comfortable with long term deal. It hurts the flexibility for next year but it's better than that kinda commitment.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Transition tag him. Nobody will pay and give 2 first rounders for him and you can pay him 29 million. If he plays well again then you feel more comfortable with long term deal. It hurts the flexibility for next year but it's better than that kinda commitment.
This is what I said earlier in the season and I still feel like that :manny: