1925-2025 New York Giants Thread: 100 Years in the making

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
So what's the better option, franchise tag Danny & work on Saquon's contract

or

franchise tag Barkley & give Danny the $$$
the latter since you push off dannys money over the years which lets you bring in players. be interesting to see what happens with geno and carr getting mid 30 million per year

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
GIT RID OF DJ

200w.gif

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
So NYG brehs, how we feeling?

Personally I'm not a fan of giving DJ that much, but at least we got him & Barkely back :patrice:

Wee-Bey-Shrug.gif

We didn’t pick up that 5th year option on DJ last year and Daboll/Schoen gambled. He played just enough, kept the turnovers down and led us to the playoffs. He’s mid right now and only threw 15 TDS. With that contract he better step up his game. Always wanted Saquon back cuz he’s the heart of the team and can still ball.

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside

Personally I'm not a fan of giving DJ that much, but at least we got him & Barkely back :patrice:

fukk it,Lets get this shyt breh:yeshrug:we bet not be fighting The Commies for the Bottom of The Beast....at least he didnt get paid like The Dakster

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I don’t love the idea of giving him that much but the money being thrown around for QBs and him actually playing well last year, keeping turnovers down, helping us win games with his legs and balling out in wild card round, he earned it :manny:

Hopefully Daboll and co. continue to help him develop and maximize his potential for us.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Do yall think Barkley might feel a certain way? Reports were he was looking for at least 12 mil a year. That's the one thing I'm worried about.

Also can they work on his extension next off-season? Excuse my ignorance, I'm not 100% sure how the franchise tag works.

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
Do yall think Barkley might feel a certain way? Reports were he was looking for at least 12 mil a year. That's the one thing I'm worried about.

Also can they work on his extension next off-season? Excuse my ignorance, I'm not 100% sure how the franchise tag works.
They can continue negotiations on a long term contract. Reports are that the meetings have been positive between Saquon & the front office. I think he wanted 16mill per but the Giants were offering 12mill. He could be feelin some type of way since DJ got his tho who knows.