1925-2025 New York Giants Thread: 100 Years in the making

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need offensive upgrades everywhere.

We should look for a new QB. I know people like Daniel but we need someone who can move the ball with their arm.
He’s a smoke and mirrors QB and I like DJ. Gotta scheme around his weaknesses. Game still moves too fast for him. He’s improved but he’s still a average game manager

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Fun season. We're ahead of schedule on the rebuild. Give Saquon his bag, get some help in the secondary, and bring back Danny if the price is right.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX

Brian Daboll doesn't commit to Daniel Jones as Giants' 2023 QB after playoff loss to Eagles

By all accounts, Daniel Jones took significant strides and won over his teammates as the Giants' quarterback in 2022. But that doesn't mean coach Brian Daboll, whose arrival seemingly marked a turning point in Jones' career, is convinced the former first-round pick will be under center when New York takes the field again. Asked after Saturday's playoff loss to the Eagles whether he expects Jones back in 2023, Daboll was decidedly noncommittal.

"Yeah, I -- all these conversations, we're gonna have those," Daboll told reporters. "We've got a long offseason, and there's a time and a place to have those conversations. Tonight's not it."

A week after carving up the Vikings defense in a 31-24 upset, Jones struggled to generate much rhythm in Philadelphia, finishing 15 of 27 for just 135 yards and an interception in a 38-7 defeat. He wasn't entirely to blame, with New York's offensive line, receiving corps and defense appearing overmatched throughout the night. And, to be fair, even if Daboll were blown away by Jones' efforts on Saturday, the fact remains that the QB is scheduled to hit free agency in March.

The two sides were reportedly close on a contract extension prior to the Giants' playoff debut, but as of now, Jones remains unsigned beyond this season. The Duke product finished 2022 with 15 touchdowns and five picks in a career performance that, while lacking gaudy passing marks, ranked among the most efficient in the NFL.

Daboll, for what it's worth, also downplayed Jones' growth in his postgame remarks, suggesting Jones has been "a consistent guy since he's been here." When asked to assess the QB's individual performance against the Eagles, he was also tepid.

"Eh, he competed," Daboll said. "Look, we all didn't do a good enough job, that starts with me. Daniel's a competitor.
(But) they controlled the game the entire game."

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX

Brian Daboll doesn't commit to Daniel Jones as Giants' 2023 QB after playoff loss to Eagles

By all accounts, Daniel Jones took significant strides and won over his teammates as the Giants' quarterback in 2022. But that doesn't mean coach Brian Daboll, whose arrival seemingly marked a turning point in Jones' career, is convinced the former first-round pick will be under center when New York takes the field again. Asked after Saturday's playoff loss to the Eagles whether he expects Jones back in 2023, Daboll was decidedly noncommittal.

"Yeah, I -- all these conversations, we're gonna have those," Daboll told reporters. "We've got a long offseason, and there's a time and a place to have those conversations. Tonight's not it."

A week after carving up the Vikings defense in a 31-24 upset, Jones struggled to generate much rhythm in Philadelphia, finishing 15 of 27 for just 135 yards and an interception in a 38-7 defeat. He wasn't entirely to blame, with New York's offensive line, receiving corps and defense appearing overmatched throughout the night. And, to be fair, even if Daboll were blown away by Jones' efforts on Saturday, the fact remains that the QB is scheduled to hit free agency in March.

The two sides were reportedly close on a contract extension prior to the Giants' playoff debut, but as of now, Jones remains unsigned beyond this season. The Duke product finished 2022 with 15 touchdowns and five picks in a career performance that, while lacking gaudy passing marks, ranked among the most efficient in the NFL.

Daboll, for what it's worth, also downplayed Jones' growth in his postgame remarks, suggesting Jones has been "a consistent guy since he's been here." When asked to assess the QB's individual performance against the Eagles, he was also tepid.

"Eh, he competed," Daboll said. "Look, we all didn't do a good enough job, that starts with me. Daniel's a competitor.
(But) they controlled the game the entire game."
For yall not fluent in coachspeak:

"He is not him" :sas1:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Daniel Jones is very reminiscent of Alex Smith with the Chiefs
Good, solid QB, that you can get to the playoffs with and can possibly sneak into a PB if you have the right players around them
I think Giants sign him back, build the team around him and Saquon and when they really feel like they're ready to make a run they upgrade. Trying to change QBs now without a clear upgrade kinda cuts the heart out of the team and they run the risk of killing the locker room only 1 year after they got there. Like if you move on it needs to be a very clear upgrade, not some bullshyt like Derek Carr

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Lions fan here...I gotta ask. What's up with Golloday? I def feel like Stafford made him look better than he was as a receiver. He couldn't really get separation and needed accurate jump balls to be effective. So naturally I was glad we didn't resign him. But going from that to literally zero production isn't something I expected.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lions fan here...I gotta ask. What's up with Golloday? I def feel like Stafford made him look better than he was as a receiver. He couldn't really get separation and needed accurate jump balls to be effective. So naturally I was glad we didn't resign him. But going from that to literally zero production isn't something I expected.
Hip injury ended his ability to play. Guy is beyond finished.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

"We'd like Daniel to be here. He said it [Sunday], there is a business side to it. But we feel like Daniel played well this season. He's done everything we've asked him to. ... We would like to have Daniel Jones back."
"We're happy Daniel is going to be here. We're happy he's going to be here," Schoen said. "Hopefully we can get something done with his representatives. That would be the goal, to build a team around him where he could lead us to win a Super Bowl."
"Listen, Saquon's done everything we've asked him to do and he's a good football player," Schoen said. "Again, the positional value, we'll get into how we want to build this team and allocate our resources. That is what it comes down to.

"Again, he's a good football player. He was durable for this year. He played well and, again, he's a guy we would like to have back."
Sounds like they're all in on bringing back Danny Dimes, and they’re going to be cheap with Saquon :francis: