19-year-old Anthony Robinson shot and killed by police tonight in Madison,Wisconsin

MayQueen

Just here to help you do better.
Daps
Reppin
MYOB
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_2a474f2b-1d94-562b-8bf9-0c5ea86d8d49.html

After the shooting, a crowd of demonstrators and organizers from the Young, Gifted and Black Coalition gathered at the scene and formed a line across Few Street, where police had blocked off the area around the scene of the shooting.

Koval said the man who was fatally shot was black.

Dozens of people drummed, prayed and chanted “Black lives matter.”

Koval said police were called because a man, who was responsible for a recent battery, was jumping in and out of traffic and creating a safety hazard.

An officer went to an apartment that the man had gone into, heard a disturbance and forced entry, and was assaulted by the man, Koval said.

“The officer did draw his revolver and subsequently shot the subject,” he said.

Koval said more than one shot was fired. He said the officer immediately began to administer first aid, as did other officers who arrived at the scene.

The man died at a local hospital, Koval said.

The state Department of Justice’s Division of Criminal Investigation is investigating the shooting.

Rep. Chris Taylor, D-Madison, said she pulled into a gas station in the 1100 block of Williamson Street just after 6:30 p.m., heard a gunshot and saw other people crouching and motioning for her to do the same. “Obviously this is a huge tragedy,” Taylor said. “My heart goes out to the family involved.

A 19-year-old man died after he was shot Friday by a Madison police officer following an altercation on Williamson Street, Chief Mike Koval said.

Madison police declined to identify the man, but friends identified him as Tony Robinson, a 2014 graduate of Sun Prairie High School. Michael Johnson, chief executive officer of the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County, posted a photo of the man on his Facebook page

Koval said he did not know if the man was armed at the time of the shooting.

The 911 center received an initial call just before 6:30 p.m. to check on the welfare of a person in the 1100 block of Williamson Street.

“It’s a tragedy beyond description,” Mayor Paul Soglin said.

He said there will be an outside investigation of the shooting, which is required by a new state law that was championed by Taylor.

Soglin said Madison police will not be able to provide much information about the shooting because of the investigation.

“I expect there will be a lot of anger and frustrations, particularly from friends,” Soglin said. “I hope as the pain eases that something constructive will come of this.”

Jack Spaulding, 17, of Madison, said he was a “best friend” of the man killed and came to the scene as soon as he heard.

Spaulding described his friend as “one of the happiest people I know.”

Spaulding said he and his friends, including the victim, called the area of Williamson Street “The Block” and frequently hung out together and skateboarded in the area.

“I still can’t even fully wrap my head around this,” Spaulding said.

Taylor and Rep. Gary Bies, R-Sister Bay, co-sponsored a 2014 law mandating that all officer-involved deaths in Wisconsin be investigated by an outside agency.

Friday’s shooting is the third by Madison police since the law was adopted last April. The investigation into each of those shootings was led by the state Division of Criminal Investigation.

The most recent shooting involving a Madison officer occurred May 18, when police fatally shot 26-year-old Ashley DiPiazza as she walked toward them holding a gun to her head in a Far East Side apartment building. Sixteen days before that shooting, an officer and a sergeant responding to a double homicide in an East Side apartment shot and killed 33-year-old Londrell Johnson after he charged at them with a knife he had just used in the slayings.

The neighborhood surrounding the Williamson Street area was shaken by the controversial fatal shooting of Paul Heenan by Madison police officer Stephen Heimsness in November 2012.

MayQueen

Just here to help you do better.
Daps
Reppin
MYOB
B_eOIf5XAAAzi2S.jpg:large

B_eNyDAUgAAACaG.jpg

B_eH27wU8AARTXP.jpg

B_eH2-cU0AAvO0I.jpg

cylde21

Not on Coli website
Daps
Reppin
Massachusetts
being put down like dogs but we want to march and cry about black lives matter like that means anything or accomplishes anything . that's why its so important to get more power in this country , so we enforce real consequences . he was shot because the cop has no fear of repercussions .
starting our own Television Broadcasting company is key could do of one right now because he going to be labelled a thug by white media

Last edited: