911-dust.jpg

911-firemen.jpg

Where were you 17 years ago?

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I was in the 4th grade living in NYC on 9/11.. my mom picked me up early. I didn't see the actual towers that day but I saw the big cloud of black smoke all the way from Flatbush Brooklyn. 9/11 was fascinating to me in the months after. I remember riding down the BQE a few weeks after and STILL seeing smoke puffing out of Lower Manhattan...

Even as an adult, I STILL can't believe that some terrorists crashed planes into the tallest buildings in Manhattan, causing a massive explosion and fire and eventually causing the buildings to collapse, have people running though Manhattan in horror and have a portion of Manhattan looking like a wasteland... that's the type of stuff you only see in movies, but this actually happened in IRL :mindblown:

I'm glad I got see the twin towers up close during the summer of 2001, I'll never forget being in the plaza and looking up at the two towers, I also got to go inside 7 WTC which is now a legendary building in American History due to all the conspiracy theories it spawned.

Tim2520

Staying Alive
Daps
Reppin
Nyc
I woke up to get ready for school I was in 11th grade , every channel was covering it .I didn't realize how serious it was until later on in the day. I thought it would be like the first attack in 93 -94 damn was I wrong

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in the 4th grade living in NYC on 9/11.. my mom picked me up early. I didn't see the actual towers that day but I saw the big cloud of black smoke all the way from Flatbush Brooklyn. 9/11 was fascinating to me in the months after. I remember riding down the BQE a few weeks after and STILL seeing smoke puffing out of Lower Manhattan...

Even as an adult, I STILL can't believe that some terrorists crashed planes into the tallest buildings in Manhattan, causing a massive explosion and fire and eventually causing the buildings to collapse, have people running though Manhattan in horror and have a portion of Manhattan looking like a wasteland... that's the type of stuff you only see in movies, but this actually happened in IRL :mindblown:

I'm glad I got see the twin towers up close during the summer of 2001, I'll never forget being in the plaza and looking up at the two towers, I also got to go inside 7 WTC which is now a legendary building in American History due to all the conspiracy theories it spawned.
I was in 6th(?) and i got taken out of school early too. Classmates had the :francis: on their face when I got called because we were just about to take a quiz :lolbron:. My teacher later in the year tried to clown me ("you the one who had early dismissal on the first week of school :usure:)even though she taught social studies/history :martin:

I actually saw the coverage before school but I thought it was a movie or something. My parents explained what happened on the way home. Felt very patriotic so I blasted the hell outta this song when i got to the crib

:mjlol::snoop:

A couple of years later I watched this movie with my fam

and it changed my perspective on a few things :patrice:

Last edited:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Senior in high school 3rd period roots of oppression. Principal got on the loud speaker and said there was an incident at the WTC and she would keeps us informed of any developments. She didn't tell us what happened but we all assumed it was a terrorist attack like the first bombing, none of us in the class ever could imagine what it would actually turn it to be. That period ended and walked into the hallway and saw teacher crying telling another teacher two kamakazi planes flew into the twin towers

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I might come back to post later but going to that bird cage mall thing just feels so disrespectful like bad enough the forced heaven metaphors but to have luxury baggage at a place of so much baggage is horrible

I remember being there two weeks before it happened to me it was never a special place because I knew people that worked there but still one day I wanted to work there on a top floor or something as a businessman. I vividly remember leaving there via the subway and thinking I would be back soon.

To be honest as I got older the whole thing got worse because I couldn't help but feel guilty because I didn't lose anybody but somebody else did like no matter where I was somebody claimed they lost somebody that day one story that broke my heart living in Florida was a boy whose father was a firefighter that day and was the only child I felt so bad of every year the teachers forcing him to tell that story the years we were classmates because how much do you remember when you were four. The fact that people are still dying because they rushed to help hurts a lot. I continue to pray for the people who weren't found and other that they can rest in peace.

also another confession I never connected what happened in DC and the PAPA becau what happened to New York happened to us,us and that makes me feel horrible sometimes because there were heroes there too even though I believe that there is no way the people on flight 93 fought back I feel like that plane got shot down and we were told a lie to keep our head up