16-Year-Old Girl Arrested and Charged With a Felony For Science Project Mistake

Steve Murray

#TeamZimmerman
Daps
LOL, what the hell was she thinking? :heh:

The charges and the expulsion may be overboard, but let's not act like that wasn't a really stupid decision she made

"She was just being scientifically inquisitive"........seriously? :skip:

I read in another article that it wasn't even an official school science project/assignment given by a teacher, apparently she just decided to mix together dangerous chemicals at school

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
LOL, what the hell was she thinking? :heh:

The charges and the expulsion may be overboard, but let's not act like that wasn't a really stupid decision she made

"She was just being scientifically inquisitive"........seriously? :skip:

I read in another article that it wasn't even an official school science project/assignment given by a teacher, apparently she just decided to mix together dangerous chemicals at school

I didn't read so I don't know what she was mixing, but chemistry is funny - if you're young and not a chemist you may have no idea the chemicals you're mixing make a dangerous combination

Steve Murray

#TeamZimmerman
Daps
I didn't read so I don't know what she was mixing, but chemistry is funny - if you're young and not a chemist you may have no idea the chemicals you're mixing make a dangerous combination

This huffington post article suggests she was imitating something from youtube videos............toilet bowl cleaner and aluminum foil

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/01/kiera-wilmot-arrested-science-experiment_n_3194768.html

What Kiera Wilmot claims started as a harmless experiment is now a nightmare for the 16-year-old Florida native.

Wilmot, a Bartow High School student, was arrested at her school last week for allegedly detonating a water bottle filled with an explosive concoction of common household chemicals. According to the Miami New Times, "[A] police report ... indicates Wilmot mixed toilet bowl cleaner and aluminum foil -- a combination that has inspired hundreds of YouTube videos and generally produces a fairly unimpressive explosion."

One teen told Florida-based WTSP News 10 that Wilmot merely wanted to see what would happen when those chemicals mixed.

The experiment reportedly created a small explosion that caused the bottle's top to pop off and produced smoke. Although no one was hurt and no property was damaged, Wilmot was charged with “possession/discharge of a weapon on school property and discharging a destructive device,” according to WTSP. Both charges are felonies.

WTSP also reports that Wilmot has been expelled and will now finish high school in an expulsion program.

According to Miami New Times, Wilmot was known as a good student. She told police that she was conducting a science experiment, though it does not appear to have been an experiment her teachers assigned.

Wilmot’s school principal, Ron Pritchard, defended the student in an interview with local news outlet The Ledger. He noted that Wilmot did not leave the premises after the explosion. "She left it [the bottle] on the ground, and she stayed there," Pritchard said. "We went over to where she was. She saw that we saw her, so she didn't take off."

Wilmot’s school district released the following statement about the incident, according to the Miami New Times:

"Anytime a student makes a bad choice it is disappointing to us. Unfortunately, the incident that occurred at Bartow High School yesterday was a serious breach of conduct. In order to maintain a safe and orderly learning environment, we simply must uphold our code of conduct rules. We urge our parents to join us in conveying the message that there are consequences to actions. We will not compromise the safety and security of our students and staff."

Family Man

Banned
Daps
If this was a young CAC female all she had to do was cry a little bit and everything would be forgiven. Man I hate this fukking country and the bytch ass CACs that run it.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
my homeys in highschool made one of those water bottle "bombs" and blew it up in the school parking lot, absolutely nothing was damaged, no one was hurt, I wouldn't even call it an explosion :heh: our school called the police and two of my friends were arrested on the spot :laugh: didn't get expelled though, just suspended.

It's a post-columbine world, sometimes they go way overboard.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If this was a young CAC female all she had to do was cry a little bit and everything would be forgiven. Man I hate this fukking country and the bytch ass CACs that run it.

white+privilege+card.jpg

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
My lil brother did this in high school many times... never caught no charges though but he's a piss colored nikka :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Umm...I went to a school that was almost 100% white and I had a middle schooler and 2 freshmen expelled for a year for making the exact same thing. It's not a black/white thing people, she made a bomb on school property.

These foil/chemical bombs aren't just a little "puff of smoke"....I know people that used to blow up mailboxes with them. They have some power, the article conveniently leaves that part out of it.

I do not think she should be expelled, I think a suspension would be sufficient. But the school probably has a zero tolerance policy...it is just unfortunate that someone who truly didn't realize what she was doing is going to possibly have a felony on her record now.

Daps
my homeys in highschool made one of those water bottle "bombs" and blew it up in the school parking lot, absolutely nothing was damaged, no one was hurt, I wouldn't even call it an explosion :heh: our school called the police and two of my friends were arrested on the spot :laugh: didn't get expelled though, just suspended.

It's a post-columbine world, sometimes they go way overboard.

You are of cac descent aren't you? :usure2:

So if you and your (presumably) cac friends were only suspended and not charged with a felony like the black girl, then that is not saying much. :usure:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You are of cac descent aren't you? :usure2:

So if you and your (presumably) cac friends were only suspended and not charged with a felony like the black girl, then that is not saying much. :usure:
:dwillhuh:

one of the two dudes who got arrested was black

wait sorry.. does that fukk up your racism fantasy?